Issue: How to fix BCM20702A0 Driver error in Windows?
Hello. Bluetooth on my Windows computer does not seem to be working and I got a BCM20702A0 Driver error. How could I fix this?
Windows is one of the most popular and powerful operating systems in the world. It was created by Microsoft and is loved for its customization abilities, user-friendly interface, and easy troubleshooting options. However, like many other things, it does not come without issues and errors. The complexity of having to configure different system components like drivers is likely to cause an error sooner or later.
With their Windows PC, users can pair all kinds of devices using Bluetooth – including keyboards, mice, phones, speakers, and more. Unfortunately, some Windows users have encountered the BCM20702A0 driver error which seems to signal that the drivers for the device are not installed or there are no compatible drivers. The full error message says:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
The majority of affected users say that the same device used to work normally on the same exact configuration. This causes a problem where people do not know how to fix this because at first hand there seems to be nothing wrong. There are a couple of possibilities why you could be experiencing this error and the most probable one is that your drivers are indeed outdated or corrupted.
In this article, we provide a couple of possible solutions for the BCM20702A0 driver error. Depending on the severity of your issue, a simple troubleshooter scan could be enough, or you might have to reinstall your drivers. If you want to avoid a lengthy process, you can try using a repair tool FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to avoid going through all the possible fixes. This powerful software can fix various system errors, corrupted files, BSODs and optimize the machine by clearing junk files for maximum performance. Or you can start the process step-by-step:
Solution 1. Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
- Right-click on the Windows icon
- Click on the gear-shaped icon to access the Settings
- select the Update & Security settings
- On the left-hand side, click on Troubleshoot
- Scroll down and click on Additional troubleshooters
- Click on the Bluetooth device
- Click on Run the troubleshooter
Solution 2. Turn Airplane mode off
- Press the Windows key + I together
- Click on Network & Internet
- Click on the Airplane mode
- Make sure the Airplane mode is switched to Off
Solution 3. Check Bluetooth services
- Press Windows + R to launch Run
- Write down services. msc and click OK to access the Services
- Once the Services window appears you have to find Bluetooth Support Service
- Right-click on it and select Restart
- After restarting the service, double click on the Bluetooth Support Service
- When the Properties window opens up, click on the Startup type and set it to Manual mode
- Check if it is Running or not. If it isn’t, then click on Start
- Click on Apply and OK
Solution 4. Uninstall Bluetooth drivers and USB Controllers
Drivers are an integral part of any Windows operating system and are typically delivered along with Windows updates. However, as we mentioned before, the operating system is not the best way to update your drivers. WithDriverFix, you can ensure that all your drivers are up to date and not malfunctioning.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
- In the Device Manager, expand the drop-down menu associated with Bluetooth
- Right-click and Uninstall every driver inside
- In case you’re using a dongle to equip your system with Bluetooth, you’ll also need to uninstall every USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers
- Restart your computer in order to force your operating system to install the missing drivers
You might also be interested in these topics:
- Can’t see Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10
- Error code 31 – missing drivers
- Easily update all drivers
- Windows will prevent installation of unverified drivers
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.