Issue: How to Fix Blue Screen Error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) on Windows?
Time from time I receive a BSOD window which claims that my PC needs a reboot and that now the error is collecting some kind of information. The file ntfs.sys is mentioned on that blue screen. Why do I receive this message?? Please help me to get rid of it because each time it shows up, I have to restart the system or sometimes It restarts automatically leading to the loss of files that I currently was working on. Please let me know what I should do.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) is the name of the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) window, which tend to appear on PC’s and laptops running Windows 8 and Windows 10 OS. Apparently, this error is triggered by a malfunction of ntfs.sys file, which is also known as NT File System Driver of Windows. There are various speculations why this BSOD appear. However, lots of people reported that they’ve managed to fix ntfs.sys error by deleting antivirus, updating drivers or fixing incorrect setup of RAM sticks. Since SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) may get a very irritating problem leading to constant system reboots and even file loss, it has to fixed right away. Therefore, we will provide a couple of useful tips that could help you to use your device without this issue.
Solution 1. Uninstall antivirus
If you are running Windows 10, you should remove BitDefender and Webroot antivirus. Most probably you are running one of them, not both at once, so disable it and remove. It’s not a secret that antivirus programs commonly conflict with software and triggers BSOD. In case of SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) error, the two anti-virus mentioned above are known for causing issues. To uninstall these programs, you have to perform these simple steps:
- Right-click on Windows icon and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program under Programs and find BitDefender or Webroot on the list.
- Click on the software and select Uninstall.
- After that, reboot your device.
- Once the system boots up, click on Windows icon again and type Windows Defender in the search box.
- Open it and select Turn On. Otherwise, you system will be left without any protection.
Solution 2. Update your drivers
Outdated drivers are yet another issue that causes troubles. Luckily, it’s easy to check and fix that. For this purpose, you have to:
- Click on the search (bottom left corner) and type Check for Updates.
- Click on this option and let the system check if any updates are missing.
- If you receive a list of outdated drivers, select Run the Update.
- After the process is finished, reboot your PC.
Solution 3. Check for malfunctioning drivers
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Device Manager.
- Expand the drivers and check if any of the drivers are marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
- If you find any, right-click on them and select Properties to find out what is the matter. Unfortunately, but Properties will not provide a solution, so you will have to check for it online.
- In this case, we would recommend uninstall the problematic driver by right-clicking on it and selecting Uninstall.
- After that, type Device Manager in the search and Check for Updates.
- You will be informed that the driver is missing. What you have to do is to click on Run the Update, what will ask Windows to find a compatible driver and install it automatically.
Solution 4. Install a PC optimization tool
Although a scan with a PC optimization tool not always helps, in many cases it does help. Thus, having in mind that it’s a quite easy solution, we would recommend installing and running a professional PC optimization tool in the first place. If it won’t fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) error, it will certainly fix your registries, startup, memory, and other issues that might be negatively influencing your PC’s performance.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: