Issue: How to Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys) Error on Windows?
Hi. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. It ran smoothly for about two weeks or so, but now I‘ve started receiving a BSOD, which I don‘t know how to resolve. It happens not every day. I receive it randomly about once every two or three days. The error says: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We‘re just collecting some error info… bla bla bla and the at the end SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys). Please let me know what should I do. Thanks!
Sys files are critical system files that belong to Microsoft Corporation. These files, including dxgkrnl.sys, are used to create a collaboration between hardware and drivers. Each of them comes as a part of Windows OS, which is why they can‘t be modified, damaged or deleted. dxgkrnl.sys and other sys files enable comunication of PC hardware/attached hardware (e.g. printer, camera, etc.) and third-party software (Windows OS, web browser, etc.). If dxgkrnl.sys file gets damaged or corrupted, it causes a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), which may occur during PC‘s startup, software startup, and so on. Besides, the BSOD related to dxgkrnl.sys can mean that that the graphic card and its drivers are mulfunctionins.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys) BSOD is an irritating system issue, which may occur every day or once in every two weeks. Despite its frequency, it causes inconveniences, such as system crahses, freezes, file loss, and so on. Thus, no matter how many times you‘ve encountered this error, you have to take needed actions to fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys) error ASAP to restore your PC‘s functionality.
How to fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys) error on Windows?
Although Windows 10 is most prone to SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys), Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ XP / Vista users can also get this BSOD. The vast majority of people who have already received it reported that it emerges when playing some graphical games, what means that the PC is heavy-loaded. Unfortunately, but stop playing games will not solve dxgkrnl.sys error issue, but there are several things that you should try.
FIX 1. According to Appuals, you should uninstall the Nvidia drivers
- Go to Start menu and type Device Manager in the search box.
- Expand Display Drivers and find your graphics card’s drivers.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Reboot your device.
- After that, open Start menu again and type Windows Update in the search box.
- Opt for Check for Updates option.
- You should be informed that there are no drivers installed for your graphics card, so select Run the Update and let the process to finish automatically.
- Reboot the system one more time.
FIX 2. Use System Restore:
- Go to Start menu and enter system restore in Windows search box. Click Enter.
- Once System Restore wizard shows up, select Choose a different restore point option and click Next.
- Select the system restore point that was before dxgkrnl.sys error started interrupting you and select Next one more time.
- Restart your computer to finish your system restore.
FIX 3. Install a professional software
In case the the aforementioned method did not help to fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys) error, you should install a professional PC optimization tool, which would check the system for malware, registry damage, startup errors, and similar problems that may also be a trigger of win32kbase.sys error. Our recommendation would be to use one of the following programs:
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: