Issue: How to Fix "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store" Error on Mac OS X?
Hello to all. For some reason I cannot download a single app from iTunes Store. Each attempt leads to an error message “We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again.” It’s interesting because this message pop-ups on my screen even if iTunes is running in the background and I’m not using it at all. The only option on it is OK, so I click it and the message disappears. Nevertheless, after an hour or so, it shows up again. This makes me nervous. Could you please help? I’m using MacOS Sierra. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!
iTunes Store related errors are quite an often problem that emerges both on Windows and Mac OS. However, recent research has revealed that Mac OS users encounter iTunes Store bugs far more frequently. iTunes is a great tool for organizing, enjoying, and buying the latest music, movies, videos, TV shows, and so on. iTunes Store errors is not a novelty. Nevertheless, at the moment of writing, people encounter the following error messages most frequently:
“Cannot connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error has occurred.”
“We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”
“iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again.”
“We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection could not be established. There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later.”
If you have received any of the above listed iTunes Store error messages, we are here to help you. Mac related IT forums are full of recommendations how to restore iTunes Store, so we are going to list all the methods here that stood out to be working.
How to Fix iTunes Store Error on Mac OS X?
To start with, you should ensure that your Mac OS system is fully optimized. For this purpose, you can use MacKeeper. If the scan with this tool did not help to fix “We could not complete your iTunes Store request” error or another pop-up alert on your device, here’s what you have to do:
Solution 1. Enable the iTunes Store
- Open iTunes.
- On the iTunes menu, select Preferences.
- Click on Parental Controls tab and check the boxes next to the Disable the iTunes Store and Allow access to iTunes.
- Click OK and open iTunes Preferences one more time.
- Select Parental Controls tab and remove the check mark next to the Disable the iTunes Store.
- Click OK and check if the Cannot connect to the iTunes Store error shows up again. If the issue still persists, try the other fixes.
Solution 2. Test Network Connectivity
Check if there is no connectivity-related issues. If everything is fine, verify the state of you OS, i.e. if it’s up-to-date. For this purpose, you should click Apple icon and go to Software Update. In addition to that, make sure that you have the latest version of Safari web browser and iTunes.
Solution 3. Reset Firewall
In some of the cases, Firewall may block iTunes Store, so try to reset Firewall. For this purpose, you have to:
Open System Preferences and click on Security & Privacy.
- Select Firewall and verify Firewall options.
- You should see whether iTunes Store connection is allowed or not.
- If you see that the connection to iTunes Store is denied, enable this option.
Solution 4. Turn on Keychain First Aid
- Navigate to Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access.
- Select Keychain First Aid and enter your user name and password.
- Select Verify and click on Start.
- If the scan ends up with the list of problems, select Repair, and click Start.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: