Issue: How to fix DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error on Windows 10?
Hello. Recently, my graphics card died, so I bought myself a brand new MSI Radeon 470. Next day, I played Call of Duty and received a Blue Screen of Death, which I quickly recovered from. For the next few days, everything worked fine. However, yesterday, when I was working on my computer while using Chrome (I was not even playing anything), it randomly crashed returning DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error. Can Chrome make the system crash like that? Thanks for the advice.
Blue Screen of Death errors, including DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL, are stop errors. It means that the device has stopped its operation to prevent damage to it. While many blue screens can be recovered from soon after a restart, persistent stop errors might indicate software or hardware problem, or even malware infection. Thus, reasons for this issue to arise might vary a lot, depending on your system configuration.
Nevertheless, our team prepared a guide which will help you fix DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error. Please make sure you follow one step after another, as it is more likely to help you find the correct solution.
The DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error is also known to be caused by other factors, like Windows 10 system updates or even Chrome web browser. To fix that, users are recommended to update all their drivers and the operating systems to their latest versions.
In this post, we will try to fix DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL BSOD
Since malware infection can be a culprit as well, we highly advise you scan your PC using reputable security software. Viruses, such as trojans, worms, keyloggers, and spyware rarely emit any symptoms, so users fail to notice them before it is too late. In such a case. Not only the computer safety is compromised, but also personal data of the user. Therefore, please use FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to make sure that malware is not the cause of a crashing computer.
Users also reported that, among DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error, they are also experiencing SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE errors. If that is the case, make sure to check out guides for these issues as well.
With the help of this video, you will eliminate this issue:
Step 1. Disable hardware acceleration on Chrome
This feature in Chrome is designed to redirect of the graphical activity on your browser directly to your GPU. While it can be useful in many ways, it can sometimes cause BSoDs errors, such as DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL. Thus, disable hardware acceleration on Chrome by following these simple steps:
- Open Chrome and click on the Menu button in the top right
- Pick Settings > Advanced Settings > System
- In the right pane, disable Use hardware acceleration when available and click Relaunch While hardware acceleration can be a useful feature, some users reported that it can lead to problems
Step 2. Update Windows 10
Make sure your operating system is running the latest version. Here's how you can update it:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings
- Scroll down and pick Updates and security
- Click on Check for updates
- Wait for the updates be be installed and restart your device
Step 3. Update your drivers
Drivers are essential parts of your operating system, as it allows hardware and software to communicate successfully. However, they might malfunction at any time, so making sure that they are up to date is vital. You can update each of the manually as explained below or use automatic driver updater, such as Smart Driver Updater. To update manually, follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager
- Pick a category, for example, Display adapters and expand it
- Right-click on the device, then pick Update Driver
- Finally, select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow onscreen instructions
- Repeat these steps for all your devices, and then restart your PC Drivers are essential for normal computer operation. Thus, updating them might help to fix DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error
Step 4. Get rid of recently installed software
Some software does not work well due to compatibility problems, which might cause DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error. Thus, remove recently installed applications the following way:
- Click on Start button, type in Apps & Features and select System Settings result
- You will see all installed apps. Sort programs by the install date
- Click on the application you want to get rid of and click Uninstall You should get rid of recently installed programs
Step 5. Run built-in system scanners
Windows is equipped with multiple scanners scan can find and fix system errors. Thus, run System File Checker:
- Click on Start button and type in Command Prompt or cmd
- Select Command Prompt from the results, right-click and pick Run as administrator
- Type in sfc /scannow and press Enter
- If Windows finds anything it will repair it automatically
If that brought no results, try DISM scan. Go back to Command Prompt (Admin) and type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit enter. Let the scan run (note it might take a while).
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.