Issue: How to fix error 0x80070141: The device is unreachable in Windows?
Hello. I try to transfer my files from the iPhone to the Windows computer. I use the USB port to connect and then copy the files. The Error 0x80070141 pop-up occurs and states that the device is unreachable. I have no idea why this is triggering the error because I managed to do this before. Can you help?
“The device is unreachable” error in Windows mainly is related to the file transferring from Android, iOS to the Windows computer. Users state that the issue is tiresome because it takes the ability to transfer files from one device to another. In most cases, the pop-up appears when the file is copied or moved from the camera folder on the mobile device to the PC. The problem restricts from transferring the file and from opening the image, for example.
Unfortunately, this is the known problem that appears on Windows 7, 8, or 10 machines, so the issue is not related to a particular version of the operating system or the update, as other common errors. The error can be fixed, but since there are a few potential reasons why the problem occurs, solutions may also vary.
Error 0x80070141: The device is unreachable in Windows is the one that users commonly report. This is not a particular or Windows 10 exclusive error, so various machines and versions of the OS can encounter the pop-up. Causes for the issue varies from the outdated operating system, faulty cables, ports, or installations to glitch in file explorer.
If the error code appears when the File Explorer glitched, the external storage device connection is not properly maintained. You may fix this by running a troubleshooter for hardware and device issues. A faulty USB port can trigger the error, so you may use a different port to connect the external device and the computer.
When it comes to iPhones and the error 0x80070141: The device is unreachable, the outdated iTunes version can be responsible for the problem in the first place. Some users may fix the problem by updating the iTunes version on the iPhone. The problem can sometimes be related to a particular Windows 10 bug, so there is a fix for the issue – updating the OS build to the latest one. This is the hotfix.
The problem with file transfers can also be related to a filename or path that is too long. An unusual file name or path can take the system out of order and lead to the failure of the transfer. This can be solved when the path is shortened to meet the standard without exceeding the 256 character limit.
Other system files can be out of proper state due to infection damage to virus leftovers, so the Error 0x80070141: The device is unreachable in Windows can be solved by restoring system files using a program like FortectMac Washing Machine X9. This is a possible quick fix for the Windows issues. other steps below can take a bit more time and require some knowledge, so follow each guide thoroughly.
Fix 1. Run the hardware and device troubleshooter
- Open up a Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R.
- Once you’re inside the Run window, type ms-settings:troubleshoot and hit Enter to open up the Troubleshooting tab.
- In the Troubleshooting tab, scroll down to the Find and Fix other problems section.
- Click on Hardware and Devices.
- Hit the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Once the troubleshooter is started, wait for the process.
- If any solutions get offered, click on Apply this fix to enforce it.
- After the fix is applied, restart your computer.
Fix 2. update iTunes to the latest
- Open the application and click the Help button from the ribbon bar at the top.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Restart your computer and see if you can copy the files.
Fix 3. Install available Windows updates
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box.
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate and press Enter.
- You can open the Windows Update section via the Settings app too.
- Click on Check for updates and wait for the scan.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install every pending update until your Windows version is up to date.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 4. Connect the device via MTP
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
- When the Use USB for on-screen notification appears on the device tap it to reveal more options.
- Choose File transfer/ Media device (MTP).
- Then, you can try transferring your files.
- Navigate to your connected devices.
- Right-click the files you want to transfer and click Copy.
- Paste to the desired location.
Fix 5. Change Transfer settings
- Unlock your iOS device and navigate to settings.
- Go into Photos and scroll down until you see the Transfer to Mac or PC option.
- Click on it and select the Keep Originals option instead of the automatic one.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.