Issue: How to Fix Error Code 0x87AF0813 on Windows 10 App Store?
When I try to install new apps from Windows app store, I receive error code 0x87AF0813 that prevents from the installation. How can I fix it? I am using Windows 10.
Error Code 0x87AF0813 is on of the common problems on Windows 10. Fortunately, this error does not warn about critical issues. Usually, it notifies about the inability to install desired application. The error message might appear when users try to install a new application from Windows app store.
App store error might occur not only on computers or laptops but on mobile devices as well. However, the main reasons why this problem appears stay the same.
Three main causes of 0x87AF0813 error:
1. Problems with the Internet connection. If your Internet connection is poor, you may not be able to download apps from Windows store.
2. Available updates. Outdated operating system or software might prevent the installation of the new programs.
3. Lack of disc storage on the computer. Unfortunately, devices have limited about of space that can be filled with apps and files. Thus, in order to install an app, you need to have enough space.
Fortunately, there are simple solutions that will help to get rid of the 0x87AF0813 error and install necessary apps.
Fixing error code 0x87AF0813 on Windows 10 app store
Below you will find four different methods that should help to fix the 0x87AF0813 error.
Method 1. Check Internet connection
One of the main reasons why this error message occurs is problems with Internet connection. In order to install apps from Windows app store, you need to have a strong connection.
If this error occurs when you use a mobile device, you should connect to Wi-Fi instead of using mobile data.
Method 2. Install available updates
Outdated software might be another reason why you cannot download apps.
In order to check pending updates on computer follow these steps:
1. Access Settings from the Start menu and click Update & security icon.
2. In the appeared window find Windows Update option on the left pane. Click on it.
3. In the right, you will see a button saying “Check for updates.” Click on it.
4. Wait until Windows check for the updates.
5. If any updates are found, Windows will download and install them automatically.
6. Once updates are installed, restart your computer.
In order to check available updates on your phone, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Scroll down until you find the Update and security option. Click on it.
3. Tap on Phone update option. If you see available updates, install them.
Once you update your device, you should go to Windows App store and check if error code 0x87AF0813 was fixed.
Method 3. Make sure that there’s enough space on the device
If your computer or phone lacks free space, there’s not enough room for your desired application. Therefore, you may need to put some files in the external storage device or uninstall programs that you do not use and make more space for new applications.
Method 4. Run Windows Apps troubleshooter
If none of the previous methods haven’t helped you, there might be an issue with missing or corrupted app files or folders. Thus, in order to fix error code 0x87AF0813, you should run Windows Apps troubleshooter. It will find and repair the core of the problem.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.