Issue: How to fix error code 0x87E10BC6 in Windows?
Hello. I tried activating Windows on my computer but I received an error code 0x87E10BC6. What could be the problem?
Some users report receiving an error code 0x87E10BC6 in Windows 10. This error is known to appear when trying to launch a game from the Xbox app, activate a Windows license, or use a DVD player. The cause for the appearance of the error might be Xbox Live Core services or the DRM management issue. However, the main scenario where the error pops up remains Windows activation.
If users want to activate Windows, they need a digital license or a product key. Depending on how users got their copy of Windows 10, they will need a digital license or a 25-character product key to activate it. A digital license is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key. A product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows. What you'll see is PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting guide, make sure that you have the correct product key. If everything is in check and the process still fails, you will be able to apply 5 solutions from our guide that may help you fix the error code 0x87E10BC6 in Windows. You can also try using a maintenance tool such as FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix various system errors, BSoDs, corrupted files, registry issues, etc.
Solution 1. Update Windows
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Update & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Solution 2. Run the Activation Troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box
- Type ms-settings:activation and press Enter
- Scroll down to the Activate Windows Now section and click Troubleshoot
- Press Apply this fix if shown
- Restart your computer, and see if the problem is resolved
Solution 3. Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
Some security programs might be conflicting with Microsoft servers and data packages that they send during the activation process, mistakenly perceiving these servers as insecure. Thus, it is known that removing AV software helped some users when trying to fix Windows errors.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and select Disable
- You can also double-click the antivirus icon and look for a Disable option there
- You also have the option to remove the program completely by going to Apps & Features
Solution 4. Use System Restore
System Restore can roll back the system back to a previous point when the error was not present. Use this utility and choose a restore point before the error started appearing.
- Search for Control Panel in your taskbar
- Change the view mode to Large icons
- Click on Recovery, then Open System Restore
- If prompted, enter your user password
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the wizard to complete the restoration
- Restart your computer
Solution 5. Run SLMGR
- Press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter
- When you see the UAC (User Account Control), click Yes to grant administrative privileges
- Type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
slmgr /ipk *License Key*
- Restart your computer and wait for the next startup to complete in order to see if the activation has been successful
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.