Issue: How to fix Error Code 0xc000000d on Windows?
I have an issue with the blue screen error. The window displays Error Code 0xc000000d for me. I guess data is missing and information is not correct. I know nothing about it. Can you offer a solution for me?
Error Code 0xc000000d with the Blue Screen Error is only one of many Windows errors that display this crucial window on the screen. Such problems occur and keep the machine from successfully booting, so the Windows crash. The error code and the full message delivered to the screen indicate the cause of the problem.
According to some research and user complaints, it seems that missing or corrupted system files trigger error Code 0xc000000d. Boot Configuration Data is one of them. If you are unable to boot the machine, you might need to recover valuable data stored on the device. You can retrieve your files and troubleshoot the error code with the methods below.
Error Code 0xc000000d is the indication of messy boot configurations, so the solution for the issue could be recovery disk creation since it enables the PC to revert back to default settings. Additional fixes are listed below, but it highly depends on the state of your device and if it can boot or fails completely trying to launch Windows.
System errors like this are serious, but we have covered a few already, and, in most cases, there are ways to fix these issues with some setting changes or even system features. You can find BSOD Error 0x00000139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ FAILURE; APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD; UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD, and many others on the site. Some of the methods can be the same when trying to fix Error Code 0xc000000d on Windows.
Error Code 0xc000000d full message:
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information
Error code: 0xc000000d
Generally, when an issue like Error Code 0xc000000d is related to any system files and corruption of the pieces in the Windows registry or different parts of the machine, you can fix them with RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 and similar tools designed for system repair and performance improvements. However, the issue is booting the machine. If the error keeps the machine unbootable, you need to recover the system in different ways. This is why we have a few solutions for the issue.
Create a recovery drive
- Plug the USB drive into a computer that is not affected.
- Go to Start.
- Type Create a Recovery drive and hit Enter.
- Make sure to check the Back up system files option.
- Follow the wizard with steps.
Update problematic driver to fix Error Code 0xc000000d
- Right-click the Start menu and choose Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit OK.
- Locate a particular driver if you know what is causing issues.
- Right-click the driver and choose the Update driver option.
- Pick Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Reboot the PC.
You can also do the same driver update automatically with a tool like DriverFix.
Run system file checker
- Open by finding it in the search Command Prompt.
- Do not forget to right-click and select Run as administrator
- As the new window opens, type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Wait till Windows completes the scan.
- Issues should get fixed automatically.
Scan the system for possible malware infections to fix error code 0xc000000d on Windows
Malware of various types can find its way on the machine and affect various processes from programs, updates, or even create serious system damage. Malicious software can perform many tasks and comes in categories like Trojans, worms, viruses, ransomware, rootkits, backdoors, and many others. You can experience Error Code 0xc000000d and additional issues due to the threat on the machine.
Since there are various problems that can be caused by a computer parasite on the system you can run the anti-malware tool or rely on Windows Defender options and check if that is the case. Of course, you should employ security software that is trustworthy and perform a full system scan. You can find Windows Security settings and run a full scan without downloading any additional apps via Settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click Recovery from the Window.
- Reset the PC and click Get Started.
- Choose to Keep my files or Remove everything.
- You will get some warnings about your files, so click Next to confirm.
- Click reset and then Continue.
Repair Windows installation to fix error code 0xc000000d on Windows
- Insert the drive with Windows 10.
- Boot the PC.
- Don't choose the install option.
- Select Repair your computer.
- Go to Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options and click Startup Repair.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Your PC needs to be repaired Error code: 0xc000000d. Microsoft. Answers to Windows issues.
- ^ Windows NT 6 startup process. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.
- ^ Ransomware explained: How it works and how to remove it. CSOonline. IT and cyber security news and analysis.