Issue: How to Fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD on Windows 10?
My Windows 10 pro laptop keeps crashing with the blue screen error APC INDEX MISMATCH and says that igdkmd64.sys failed. What can I do to fix that?
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH is a Windows Blue Screen of Death, which usually indicate the fact that the system contains an incompatible device driver or a faulty hardware. It may occur under various circumstances, for example, a part of APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error victims were not able to access the desktop as the BSOD prompts right after logging into Windows, while the other part encounters when plugging in the HDMI cable or running certain apps.
Currently, many Windows 10 users reported the APC INDEX MISMATCH BSOD window indicates a broken Igdkmd64.sys file. It’s one of the critical Windows system files, which comes as a part of Windows 10. However, to fix the APC INDEX MISMATCH error you should not try to change the Igdkmd64.sys file in any way because you may cause more harm to the system by violating its integrity.
According to Windows experts, the most frequent triggers of this BSOD are graphics card or DisplayLink drivers. Therefore, the first remedy that may help to fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD is to update or reinstall incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. If that did not work, then you should check the system for inappropriate software or check for hardware problems.
Method 1. Update device drivers
Incompatible or outdated devices drivers trigger the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error most frequently. Therefore, if you can boot into Windows after all, perform the following steps:
- Right- click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Now look for the device drivers that are marked with a yellow exclamation mark. If none of them contains a mark, then try to update graphics card driver in the first place.
- Right-click on the driver and select Update Driver.
- If that did not help, you can try updating the other device drivers manually or download a driver update utility.
Method 2. Remove the DisplayLink driver
People who are using additional monitor may need a DisplayLink driver. However, Windows experts warn that this particular driver may be the one that is causing the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screen. Thus, if updating drivers did not work, check for and remove the DisplayLink driver.
- Press Windows key + I and open Apps.
- Click on the Programs and Features link on the left pane.
- Find the DisplayLink Core software and click on it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Then find the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner and download it.
- Run the tool to finish the removal and reboot the system.
Method 3. Disable Realtek HD Audio Manager
If you cannot access Windows due to APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD, try to access Safe Mode and follow these steps:
- Restart your PC few times before the Automatic Repair starts.
- Once Windows starts the repair process, select Troubleshoot.
- Then click on Advanced options and select Startup Settings.
- Select Restart.
- When the system restarts, press F5 or 5 to select Safe Mode with networking.
- Once the system boots into Safe Mode, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager.
- Open Startup tab and locate the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Right-click on it and select Disable.
- Now close Task Manager and try to reboot your PC.
If none of the methods above helped, check the system for incompatible software. This could be a third-party antivirus programs or apps (LogMeIn). For this purpose, you may run a scan with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. Additionally, you should check your hardware.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.