Issue: How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 on Windows 10?
A couple of days ago I’ve received a pop-up alert in the Action Center saying: “Security and Maintenance Restart to Repair drive Errors”. Well, believing that the issue will be resolved, I restarted my PC, but instead of logging onto my desktop, I was stuck at a Blue screen claiming: “Your PC needs to be repaired. An unexpected error has occurred. Error code: 0xc0000225.” I restarted the system several times and eventually logged onto my desktop. I’m afraid this message may reoccur, so could someone tell me what could be the problem?
Many people are making a fuss on Microsoft discussion forums about an Error Code 0xc0000225, which follows an Action Center notification “Security and Maintenance Restart to Repair drive Errors” and a system reboot. This message is exhibited in the form of Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). It locks the screen completely and the only action that can be performed with the system is another reboot. While Error Code 0xc0000225 tend to show up on older Windows versions (7, 8, and 8.1), its new wave of emergence has been recorded in the beginning of December 2016, except this time, this bug affects Windows 10 OS. According to the reports, 0xc0000225 BSOD error occurrence is not triggered by some software/hardware installation or some modification of Windows settings. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn’t yet acknowledged this issue, so there is no reliable information online. If you have eventually managed to boot up your PC, you should scan your PC with a reputable optimization tool. In this case, you should give a try for Reimage. It will scan the system for malware, registry issues, corrupted system files, and similar inconsistencies that might have caused this fatal system error. In case you cannot boot up your PC, you should try the solution given below.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 on Windows 10?
If you received the message given below, you should try to disconnect all peripherals from your PC, except keyboard and the mouse. After that, perform a hard reboot and try to boot your PC in a normal way. If after that you could not access your PC, then you should use another PC for downloading and creating a Media Creation tool (here). Once the file is downloaded, perform the following steps:
- As soon as you download a Media Creation tool, run it.
- Click Accept the T&C to proceed.
- On the next screen, select Create Installation Media for another PC.
- After that, select language, architecture, and edition.
- Select what installation media you prefer using, i.e. USB Flash Drive and ISO file. Click on the USB Flash Drive selection and plug in a USB that has at least 8 GB of free space.
- Lastly, open the drive and click Next. Media Creation tool will download Windows 10 upgrade on USB, which you can now use for upgrading the machine.
- When you create a bootable USB, plug it into the PC that is showing an Error Code 0xc0000225 BSOD.
- Then click any key to boot from the USB. Select Repair Your Computer at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Troubleshoot and then go to Advanced options.
- Opt for Command Prompt and type the following commands in the run dialogue. Besides, press Enter after each of them:
select volume 2
bcdboot C:\windows /s Z: /f UEFI
- Once done, close command prompt and reboot your PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: