Issue: How to Fix Error Code 80072EE2 in Windows?
Hello, I have a problem when trying to update Windows. The Windows update download crashes, and I receive this message: “Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. Error found: Code 80072EE2.” What does this error mean and can you provide a solution for it? Thanks!
Error code 80072EE2 indicates that Windows Update servers are overloaded with users’ requests for updates. However, there are numerous solutions to this problem, and we are going to provide several different techniques how to fix the 80072EE2 error. Follow the steps below to solve the code 80072EE2 error in Windows:
How to Fix Error Code 80072EE2 in Windows?
This is the easiest and fastest way to fix the problem. Try to close the Windows Update window, wait for about 15 minutes, and try to start the Windows Update again.
Method 2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Open Search, and search for ‘Troubleshooter.’ Open it;
- In the System and Security section, hit ‘Fix problems with Windows Update;’
- Wait until the troubleshooter detects and fixes the problem.
It might fix this issue; if not, there are several additional techniques how you can fix the 80072EE2 error.
Method 3. Remove Software Distribution folder.
Many users claim that this method is the most efficient way to solve the 80072EE2 error:
- Open this folder: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all files that are placed on it.
- Then, right-click on Start Menu (it is located in the bottom left corner of the screen), and click on All Programs. Then, click Accessories and then click Command Prompt. You can also open Command Prompt by pressing Windows Key + R, then typing cmd or cmd.exe and pressing Enter.
- Once you open Command Prompt, type this command: ‘exe/updatenow’ (without quotation marks).
- Go to Windows Update and see if the problem was solved.
- Hit Windows Key + R, and then type ‘regedit’ (without quotation marks), and push Enter;
- In the Windows Registry Editor, find folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate and delete these keys: WUServer and WIStatusServer.
- Hit Windows Key + R again, type ‘services.exe’ (without quotation marks), push Enter.
- Find Windows Update service, right click on it and click Restart.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.