Issue: How to fix Facebook attachment unavailable error?
Hello. When I post a picture to my group on Facebook, people complained that they could not see it, as it shows “Attachment Unavailable.” Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks
Facebook is one of the most successful social network platforms in the world, and its popularity, despite multiple privacy scandals, is growing. The website, which was first released to the public back in 2004, currently has over 2.3 billion users worldwide. Additionally, the application is always improved, and new features added, improving the user experience for many.
However, not everything always goes smoothly, and some features fail, whether it is due to incorrect configuration, programming bugs, or general errors. One of such errors is Facebook “Attachment Unavailable,” which prevents users from viewing images that were hosted in a group.
“Attachment Unavailable” error reads as follows:
Attachment Unavailable. This attachment may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it with you.
The reason for “Attachment Unavailable” Facebook error is relatively simple: when you share an image, its privacy settings might be altered. For example, if you are trying to share a picture posted on Twitter, but its security settings are set to private.
For that reason, only your friends can see posts where hosted images have incorrect privacy settings. It is an unfortunate situation indeed since group members are not always included in the friend list. Fortunately, several things can be done in order to fix Facebook attachment unavailable error. Please follow all the instructions below.
Fix 1. Set Public sharing setting
This method helps users fix “Attachment Unavailable” Facebook error in most cases. Before you share the image, you should make sure that the privacy is set to Public:
- Go to your wall on Facebook
- Click on three horizontal dots to open the drop-down menu
- Pick from News Feed or Your Story options
- On the right side, click on the drop-down menu and pick Public
Fix 2. Upload to the specific group directly instead of sharing the link
Instead of sharing the picture, you can simply upload it to the group directly. Here's how to do it:
- To enter the group of interest, go to Facebook's main page, and click on Groups on the left side
- Select the group you want to post the picture in
- Click on Add Photo/Video (and again, make sure the privacy is set to Public)
- Select Upload Photos/Videos and pick the file to upload it
Fix 3. Modify security settings of the image before posting
Some pictures might have preset options that might not let others view it after sharing. Therefore, perform the following actions:
- Download the picture to your computer
- Right-click on it, and select Properties
- In the bottom of the window, locate Security section
- Tick Unblock, then click on Apply and OK
Fix 4. Set Privacy settings to Public
Setting your Privacy on Facebook to Public will fix Facebook attachment unavailable error quickly. However, this will allow everybody on Facebook to see your posts. Follow these steps:
- Click on the arrow in the menu bar on the top-right of Facebook page
- Select Settings
- Next, go to Privacy
- Under Your Activity > Who can see your future posts, click on Edit
- Set the setting to Public
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: