Issue: How to fix Headphones not working in Windows 10?
Hello, yesterday I decided to take my headphones out and listen to a little bit of music on my laptop. Sadly, they did not work and the sound still was coming from the inbuilt speakers. What can I do about it? Besides, my laptop is upgraded to Windows 10.
Dear users, Headphones not working in Windows 10 error is a very common problem for each Windows user. There can be many reasons why you cannot listen to your beloved songs or watch a movie without anyone hearing. However, first, you should try testing your headphones. Do you remember when you bought them? Ar they brand new or just stopped working by now?
What you should do is try plugging your headphones into different devices, another computer or mobile phone. If they still do not work, the problem might be in your headphones, and the only way to solve the problem is by purchasing new ones. Additionally, if you want to be sure whether your computer is the problem or not, try plugging different headphones into your PC.
If the other ones also do not work, probably the issue is not your headphones, but your Windows computer. If this is the case, you should try reading and performing some fixing methods. There are a few of them, so check them out by scrolling down the text. Complete each step carefully as shown in the guidelines and pictures, and your problem might be solved.
How to fix Headphones not working in Windows 10?
Fix 1. Select your headphones as the default device
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Choose Sound.
- After that, select Speakers/Headphones —> Set default.
- Click OK.
Fix 2. Update drivers
- Press Windows key + R button on your keyboard.
- Type in devmgmt.msc and wait for the Device Manager to open.
- Expand the sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Right click on the used audio device, then select Update Driver Software.
- When the next window opens, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait until the drivers are installed automatically.
After this process, you should check your headphones. If they are still not working, proceed with the following fixing method and fix Headphones not working in Windows 10 error.
Fix 3. Use Realtek HD Audio Manager to change settings
- Open Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Find the folder icon on your upper right corner and click it.
- Then select the Disable front panel jack detection option.
- Press OK.
Fix 4. Uninstall IDT audio
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select the Programs option.
- Then go to Programs and Features.
- Choose IDT Audio Driver and select Uninstall.
After you perform all of these steps, you need to restart your computer system. Wait till it boots and check if your headphones are working now.
However, if you still have found out that your headphones are not responding, you should consider bringing your laptop to a computer specialist as the problem might be mechanical. Furthermore, we suggest using a computer security program such as Reimage which will perform a full computer scan. The scan results might show some system issues which might be related to the Headphones not working in Windows 10 error.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: