Issue: How to fix iPhone not showing up on my computer?
Hello, I have the issue that is bothering me for a week or so. I want to see photos and videos from my iPhone on my computer, but it doesn't show up as a portable device, and I can't get my PC to recognize it. The USB port is okay and works with other devices, makes the noise of connection, but the iPhone is not appearing on the system. Is there anything that I can do?
The issue with the iPhone not showing up on the computer is a problem that people complain about often. There are some particular reasons and frustrations. In most cases, the issue is related to the fact that the iPhone is a product from Apple, and Windows computers are not that compatible with these devices or iTunes and other services needed. iPhone not showing up in iTunes is one of the more common issues in particular.
When iTunes or computer doesn't detect your iPhone, there are many things that can trigger the problem. You need to use this feature if you want to access photos or videos stored on the phone. Sometimes you can see the device in iTunes, but Portable Devices do not show the iPhone for you. This issue with recognition can be related to mobile device problems, USB port or cable, or even connectivity and drivers.
If iPhone not showing up in iTunes it may be the case that your OS or iTunes is not up to date. You may fix the iPhone not showing up on the computer problem by installing the latest updates. You can even try reinstalling iTunes to ensure that everything is okay on this end.
When the iPhone owners complain about the issue with iPhone not showing up in iTunes Mac, there might be some simple factors that can solve the problem quickly. Unlocking the iOS device can prompt the recognition or affect the connectivity when the iPhone is on sleep or locked still when you connect it to the computer.
Of course, the simple but important thing is the cable itself or general reboot of the machine. Restarting the computer or.and the iPhone may fix various issues without any interference with settings. Broken cable or faulty drivers can be easily fixed, so you no longer experience iPhone not showing up on PC error.
The issue with device recognition occurs on macOS and on Windows connection fails.
How to fix iPhone not showing up on my computer
If you have the iPhone not showing up on my computer issue on the Windows operating system, causes can be lighting cable, USB port malfunction or damage, Apple Mobile Device Drivers that can get corrupted or outdated pretty quick. Unfortunately, there is an issue of malware or corrupted application, conflicts between similar programs. Sometimes FortectMac Washing Machine X9 or similar tools can help with the application, file, and cyber intruder problems. Also, if you accidentally clicked on Don't Trust option during any other time you connected the two devices the problem with recognizing the iPhone may occur. Below are all the more difficult steps that you can take to fix the iPhone not showing up on the computer.
Install the latest updates to fix iPhone not showing up on my computer
- Open Control Panel and Choose Windows Update to search for a more recent OS version.
- Install updates to complete the task and check if you see the iPhone under This PC.
- If you run an older version, not Windows 10, you may need to locate to settings and Update&Security section where you can Check for updates.
- You should do the same with your iPhone since an outdated Apple Mobile Device USB driver can cause the problem. Go to Apple support and search for the latest driver compatible with the version of Windows or the OS your PC is running on. If you keep iTunes and Windows updated the issue with iPhone not showing up on PC shouldn't bother you.
Fix iPhone not showing up on my computer in Device Manager
- Press Windows key and X together and then select Device Manager.
- Choose Portable Devices and right-click on Apple iPhone, select Update Driver Software from the drop-down menu.
It is not common, but sometimes Apple drivers may cause issues when outdated
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software and select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Install the appropriate driver and reboot the PC.
Reset your Location & Privacy settings to fix iPhone not showing up on my computer
- If you have pressed Don't trust button by accident, your device is not recognized and cannot show up nor on iTunes nor on the computer. Go to Settings on your iOS device and choose general.
- Tap Reset Locations & Privacy.
- Next time you plug in the device, the Trust This Computer should be chosen.
When you connect the devices the first time, you get to agree. It is an important step
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.