Issue: How to fix iTunes Error 1671?
Good morning. I have come here with a certain question. Yesterday I tried to restore my iPad device via iTunes, however, I could not succeed in this process and received a message which said: “The iPad software update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occurred (1671)”. What does this mean? Is there a way to fix this issue?
We are glad that you have contacted us with this problem, and we are going to try to provide as many fixing steps as possible. However, first, let us provide you with some information about this error code. iTunes Error 1671 often bothers iOS users while performing a restore or some updates on Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
It is known that the iTunes Error 1671 can be caused by more than one reason. As we can see, you also have overcome the error message while trying to restore your Apple device via the iTunes application. According to the Apple organization, such problem bothers many iPad and iPhone users when they try to synchronize, restore, or perform updates to their device via iTunes.
Furthermore, Apple also has claimed that this error might appear due to some third-party programs which might prevent proper connection between iTunes and the iOS device server. However, we have provided some steps how to try to fix iTunes Error 1671. Complete each method as shown in the instructions and you should reach successful results.
How to fix iTunes Error 1671?
Method 1. Try to update the device again
- Deactivate the antimalware program you have installed on your Mac computer.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod device.
- Connect the device to your computer.
- Activate the iTunes app.
- Try to perform updates.
Method 2. Fix the error via your Mac machine
- Disable the antivirus program that is running on your Mac.
- Open the Finder application and find the “host” file.
- Drag the file to your desktop.
- Go to the Finder menu bar.
- After that, choose Go —> Go To Folder.
- Once a box appears, type in: /private/etc/hosts.
- When a new Finder window appears, drag the host file to your desktop.
- Memorize the location of the file.
- Open iTunes and restore your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you are finished, find the “host” file that you have dragged to your desktop and bring it to its original location.
Method 3. Take care of the error by performing all needed updates
- Update the antivirus software that you have on your PC.
- Update your iDevice. Make sure that it has the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that you have performed all the recommended updates on your computer also.
Method 4. Use the DFU mode to take care of the error
- Connect your iDevice with a USB cable to your PC.
- After that, press and hold the Wake/Sleep and Home buttons together.
- Now, take your finger of the Wake/Sleep button but continue holding the Home button.
- After that, you should receive a message which says: iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.
- Take your finger of the Home button.
- Restore your iDevice.
- If it does not work, try completing the steps all over again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.