Issue: How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error Code 0x80042109?
Hi guys! Could you please help me to send e-mail messages via Outlook. For some strange reason I cannot do that as each time an error code 0x80042109 appears. Nothing else happens, neither freezes, nor errors, nor BSOD, nothing. The problem is that Outlook does not work, which is a serious problem for me. Please help.
While some of Windows errors are accompanied by system slowdowns, crashes, freezes, and similar issues, the others show up as if out of nowhere. System errors are typically expressed in the form of BSOD windows or pop-up notifications, while software-related errors emerge when trying to exploit a particular application, such as Microsoft Outlook. Several users have reported that when they attempt to perform any actions with Microsoft Outlook, the following message emerge:
“Sending reported error (0x80042109): Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server”
“Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80042109): Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.”
If you have received the notification Nr 1, it means that your e-mail messages cannot be sent due to Internet connectivity issue. The second message indicates the fact that Outlook has become irresponsive, which is why it can’t be installed, opened, updated, configured, etc. So, naturally you will not be allowed to send or receive emails. Specialists notify that Outlook error code 0x80042109 may be triggered by the corrupted temporary Internet files or virus/malware infection.
How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error Code 0x80042109?
Method 1. Disable Proxy server
- Click Win key + S and type cmd in the search box to open Command Prompt.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Now you have to disable proxy via Network Settings.
Method 2. Install professional software
Malware /virus infection is indicated as one of the Outlook error 0x80042109 causes. Therefore, specialists recommend to install a professional antivirus or PC optimization tool that is also capable of detecting malicious programs/files. Our recommendation would be to use Reimage. After that, perform a full system scan and check if there are any issues on your PC.
Method 3. Disable antivirus
In addition, you should also try to disable your antivirus to fix 0x80042109 error. It’s not a secret that anti-malware program often conflict with other software installed on the system. Therefore, as soon as any error occurs, it’s worthy trying to disable your antivirus. This can be done by right-clicking on your antivirus icon on the toolbar and selecting disable. To ensure that it has been terminated completely, open Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and check if there are no antivirus-related processes.
Method 4. Remove junk files via Command Prompt
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When the confirmation window shows up, click Yes.
- Type cleanmgr command in the command prompt window and press Enter.
- Now the system should be scanning for junk files and removing them automatically. When the window is shown to you, mark all check boxes that are marked alongside system locations that contain unnecessary system files.
- Finally, click OK and close Command Prompt.
Method 5. Launch System File Checker
- Click Win key + X, type cmd, and press Enter.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait a while for the File Checker to execute the scan and repair of corrupted files.
- As soon as the process is finished, restart your PC.
Method 6. Change Email Account Settings
- Open Outlook, click on the File, and select Account Settings.
- After that, find your email account, double click on it and select Change.
- Select More Settings and then Advanced Settings.
- On the window that you are currently seeing, change the Outgoing Server (SMPT) value from 25 to 587. This gives extra security from scanners.
- After that, set encryption to TLS, click OK, then Next, and Finish.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: