Issue: How to fix PFN_REFERENCE_COUNT Blue Screen error in Windows?
Hello. I am scared to lose my files and the computer fully. I get the stop code PFN_REFERENCE_COUNT Blue Screen error that restarts the computer. I got it a few times already and even though the PC leads, I think this might be the end for me. Help me solve this properly, please.
PFN_REFERENCE_COUNT Blue Screen error in Windows is also called Code 0x1C, and it means that the problem resides with the hardware or the system is overheating, and software gets corrupted. The computer causes BSOD and crashes the machine to avoid permanent damage, so the machine can work after it, but the reoccurring manner indicates that there are issues that trigger the problem.
The root cause of the error needs to be addressed and fixed to stop these error windows. There are possible triggers for these errors like corrupted files, drivers, and other pieces on the machine. Incompatibility and update issues can also cause these problems. There are many errors like this that scare the living out of users online.
There are various reports and listings on the instances when these errors, like PFN_REFERENCE_COUNT Blue Screen error, appears in Windows. There are no universal indications, so there are no particular solutions that could work for all victims. You can rely on the provided tips and solutions that we have listed below.
You should check the machine for possible malicious files or damaged machine data and system functions. You can run the application like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 and repair those files that lead to issues with the machine due to the missing or altered setting parts. This is probably not the way to fully fix the PFN_REFERENCE_COUNT Blue Screen error in Windows, but this might improve the performance overall and help properly fix major issues and the root cause of the Blue Screen of death that others you.
Fix 1. Roll Back or Update drivers
- Press Windows + X.
- Choose Device Manager.
- When the dedicated window shows up, look for Network adapters.
- Right-click your WiFi adapter.
- Select Properties.
- Once on the next wizard, shift to the Driver tab.
- Choose Roll Back Driver.
- You may also update drivers.
- Therefore, choose Update Driver from the right-click menu of the particular piece.
- Follow instructions.
- Restart the Windows.
- Repeat with other suspicious drivers or the ones that have exclamation points near them.
Fix 2. Scan for malware
- Press the Windows key.
- Go to the Gear icon and find Settings.
- Type in Virus & threat protection at the top.
- Hit Enter.
- Click Scan options.
- Select the radio button present before Full scan.
- Click Scan now.
- If any malware is found during the scanning, hit Clean Threat.
- Click Remove and then Start actions.
- Restart Windows.
Fix 3. Check for updates on the OS
- Go to Settings and find Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates to see if there are any new OS updates.
- Install if any available.
Fix 4. Disable fast startup
- Click on Start located on the taskbar.
- Type control.
- Hit Enter.
- Once the Control panel appears, select Power options.
- Click Choose what the power button does
- Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click Save Changes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.