Issue: How to fix PIN not working on Windows 10?
Hello. I have an issue with my PIN code and can't log in to my Windows 10 computer. The latest update has something to do with that because there are no other issues or applications that I have installed recently or changes made to some functions. I turned the laptop off, and now once I want to login in, PIN is not working. I tried restarting again and again. Once the pin box even disappeared. How can I fix this?
PIN not working on Windows 10 is a frustrating issue because it might be caused by various issues besides the simple one – incorrect PIN. Recreating the PIN could fix the issue, or sign in using another option can solve the problem. If you managed to do so, you could troubleshoot the problem with not working the PIN function.
Windows devices are secured with such PIN options, so many users use this convenient and quick option. It is easier than the password since PIN can be short and easy to memorize. However, the PIN not working is a problem that should get fixed.
PIN not working issue can be related to Hello Pin issues like the error “Something happened, and your PIN isn't available” problem. This particular error is related to system file corruption and other issues with the Windows system. So fixing the problem with your PIN-code and login problems might involve resetting the OS or some settings in particular.
When such issues with system files and functions are triggered, it is common that PUP or a similar threat of a cyber infection type triggered changes to the system files and damaged the machine. It means that you would need to remove the problem to fix the PIN not working.
You need proper help to solve issues with the altered, corrupted, damaged files, especially system files. The best option for system repair and even virus damage fix is anti-malware tools or PC repair applications like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. This program might be the first step when you try to fix PIN not working on Windows 10, so you can be sure that system issues are not triggering this log-in issue. The follow with solutions listed.
#1 Recreate the PIN
Remove the PIN first
- Go to Settings and navigate to Accounts.
- Choose Sign-in option on the left.
- Scroll down to the Pin section and click Remove.
- Confirm the change and click Remove.
- Put in the password to continue.
Set up the new PIN
- Click Add button in the PIN section.
- Enter the PIN and confirm with OK.
#2 Rely on I forgot my PIN option
- Go to Settings by pressing Win and I on the computer.
- Find Accounts.
- Click Sign-in options and choose I forgot my PIN.
- Confirm the option.
- Follow instructions to set the new PIN code.
#3 Go back to the previous build to fix the PIN not working on Windows 10
- Open Start Menu and choose Power.
- Hold the Shift key and choose Restart from the menu.
- Once the list appears, choose Troubleshoot.
- Then follow with Advanced options.
- Choose See more recovery options.
- Click Go back to the previous build and select administrator account.
- Enter pass if needed.
- Select Go back to the previous build button.
- The process should start. Please do not interrupt the process until it is done.
#4 Create a new user account
- Go to Settings and find Accounts.
- From there go to Family & other people.
- Choose to Add someone else to this PC under Other people.
- Select I don't have this person's sign-in information.
- Then Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired username and click Next.
#5 Change Group Policy settings
- Press Win and R to open the Run box.
- Type gpedit.msc there and hit enter.
- Once the window is opened, go to Administrative Templates.
- Choose System and Logon.
- On the right, double-click Turn on convenience PIN sign-in.
- Choose Enabled and click on Apply.
- Hit OK to save changes.
#6 Alter the Startup type to fix PIN not working on Windows 10
- Open Run box.
- Type services.msc and hit OK.
- On the list, double-click IPsec Policy Agent and open its properties.
- Once there, set the Startup type to Automatic and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Window 10 login pin not working after latest update. Answers. Microsoft community forum.
- ^ Corrupted Windows Files: What they are and How to Fix Them. MustardIT. IT support services.
- ^ Potentially unwanted program. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.