Issue: How to fix Something went wrong – error code 0x8019001 in Windows?
Hello. I have been trying to update my Windows 10 computer but I receive a message “Something went wrong – error code 0x8019001.” Any tips would be appreciated.
Windows is the first choice for many people when trying to decide which operating system to use. People love it for its user-friendly interface, customization abilities, and built-in troubleshooters. In order to keep the system running smoothly, users are encouraged to update and upgrade their systems regularly. Updates contain new functions and important security patches.
Sometimes people fail to upgrade their Windows machines for various reasons. Some people report that they have received a message “Something went wrong – error code 0x8019001” while they were trying to update or upgrade Windows. It is unclear why this could be happening. The same error was noticed when users were trying to open certain native Windows applications.
In this guide, you will find 6 methods that could help you fix the error code 0x8019001 in Windows. Such errors may be caused by corrupted files, third-party security programs, etc. You can also try solutions like updating drivers which you can find in the article “How to easily update all drivers, and why is it needed?”
However, manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so we strongly recommend using a repair tool like [d1[ that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. It can also clear your machine from cookies and cache which could be causing various malfunctions.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + X keys and go to Settings
- Go to Update and Security
- Click Troubleshooter
- Select Additional troubleshooters
- Run the Update troubleshooter
- You can also try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter if you experience the 0x8019001 error while trying to open Microsoft apps
Method 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Disable Third-Party Antivirus Software
Some security programs might be conflicting with Microsoft servers and data packages that they send during the activation process, mistakenly perceiving these servers as insecure. Thus, it is known that removing AV software helped some users when trying to fix Windows errors.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and select Disable
- You can also double-click the antivirus icon and look for a Disable option there
Method 4. Delete Files in the SoftwareDistribution Folder
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run command box
- Type services.msc and click OK
- In Services control panel locate the Windows Update service
- Right-click on Windows Update service and select Stop
- Now open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\\Windows folder
- Find the SoftwareDistribution folder and Delete its contents
Method 5. Turn Off Sync in Chrome
If you are experiencing this error while you try to gain access to the Internet, try this:
- Open Chrome and click on your account icon from the top-right section of the screen
- Click on Sync is on
- Click on the Turn Off button associated with your account
- Once Chrome syncing has been disabled, reboot your PC and see if the error is now resolved
Method 6. Update via Media Creation Tool
- Download Windows 10 installation media from the official website
- Open the tool once it installed
- Agree to license terms
- Choose Upgrade this PC now
- Wait for the update to be installed
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.