Issue: How to fix "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" in Windows?
Hello. I have used the built-in recorder in the Xbox Game bar to record my gameplay for the past 2 years. Now it says that my PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures. No hardware changes were done to my computer. How do I fix this error?
The Xbox Game Bar is a built-in Windows application. It is a customizable gaming overlay that allows people to use various widgets such as sound controls, performance statistics, or framerate while playing games on their computers. All that is needed to open this overlay is pressing the Windows key + G shortcut on your keyboard.
It is also possible to use the Xbox Game bar to capture videos and screenshots while playing PC games. This allows people to record their gameplay without any third-party apps. However, some people report encountering the “Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures” error in Windows when trying to use the capture function.
This message shows up even if people have not performed any hardware changes to their computers. While it is unknown why exactly this happens, most people say that they encountered the error after reinstalling or upgrading Windows so it is possible that this is a result of corrupted files or outdated drivers.
In this guide, you will find 3 steps that should help you fix Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures” in Windows. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues automatically. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Reinstall Gaming Services
- Right-click on the Start button and search for the Command Prompt
- Click on Run as administrator, and click Yes on a UAC prompt
- Enter the following commands and press Enter after each one:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- You will be directed to the Microsoft Store where you should install Gaming Services
- Finish the process and see if the issue is fixed
Solution 2. Update Display Driver
You may not be able to capture gameplay because of outdated graphics drivers. Try to update them and see if it fixes the issue.
- Open Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters tab
- Right-click on your graphics driver and select Properties
- Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver
- Press on Search Automatically for Drivers
- If a graphic driver update is available, install it and then restart your PC
- Upon restart, launch the Modern Warfare game and check if it fixed the issue.
- You may also use a dedicated utility like DriverFix that ca find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically
Solution 3. Edit the Registry
If you recently reinstalled Windows, it could be that the Registry entries changed. Open the Registry Editor and check it according to the steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type regedit and click OK
- Go to the following location:
- Set the REG_DWORD value of PortableOperatingSystem from 1 to 0
- If there is no PortableOperatingSystem key, create one by right-clicking, pressing on New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Rename it to PortableOperatingSystem
- Then double-click on it and set the Value data to 0
- Close the Registry Editor, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Get to know Xbox Game Bar on Windows. Microsoft. Xbox Support.
- ^ Emma Collins. What Are PC Drivers and Why Do You Need Them?. Onlinetechtips. Computer Tips.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Windows Registry. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.