Issue: How to fix "the application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142)" error in Windows?
When I launch any program, the error message appears saying “The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142). Click OK to terminate the application.“ I am not good at repairing software issues myself so could you give me advice? Other options than Windows reinstallation are preferable.
“The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142)” error is universal, and it bothers users of all Windows versions. However, most of the cases, such issue is encountered in Windows 7. There are many explanations to the causes of such phenomenon. It emerges while launching console programs or any other type of application. This issue might also come in the form of the application was unable to start correctly.” Dll files which are crucial in the intercommunication of different applications might have been damaged or failed to function properly due to various reasons. Due to them, solutions differ as well. We propose a couple of them.
Option 1. Launch Event Viewer
The credits for this solution go to the user named Phantom010.
- Start your computer in Safe mode with Networking.
- Restart the device, when the windows logo appears tap F8 or F2 depending on the model.
- Choose Safe mode with Networking.
- Click on the Start and choose Run.
- Type eventvwr.
- Now launch any software.
- You can access the application through another way.
- Click on Start, then navigate to Settings, Control Panel. Find Event Viewer in the Administrative tools.
Option 2. Fix the problem with Registry Editor
- Click Windows+R. In a window, type regedit.
- Once Registry Editor opens, enter the folder named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Then navigate to Software.
- Then you need to enter Microsoft>Windows NT> Current Version.
- Click on Windows folder and the file named LoadAppInt_DLls.
- Right-click on it and choose Modify function. Change the value from 1 to 0. Exit the Registry Editor. Once you do that you might be asked to restart the device.
Option 3. Choose automatic solution
If the previous methods do not work, you might want to install RegCure Pro to fix possible damaged registry files.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.