Issue: How to fix “The network path was not found” with an Error Code 0x80070035 on Windows?
Hello. I was trying to connect my phone to the computer the other day but I did not succeed. The error message stated “The network path was not found” Error Code 0x80070035. Could someone please help me to fix this error?
Network Attached Storage (NAS) is a feature, allowing people to share the same network and transmit data across devices in a localized environment. The service is especially useful as it enables network and data sharing without cables.
For connecting devices both on HomeGroup and WorkGroup, NAS uses specific protocols. Unfortunately, when connecting to a network resource on another PC running Microsoft Windows (version XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10), many people received a notification “The network path was not found” Error Code 0x80070035. It states the following:
Windows cannot access \\\\
Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.
Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was no found.
The exact reason why “The network path was not found” Error Code 0x80070035 emerges is not clear, but it has been noticed that the NetBIOS over TCP/IP service is not enabled on most of the affected machines. Luckily, our team is here to help you.
We compiled a few solutions that might be able to help you fix error 0x80070035, so check them down below.
Ensure that your drive is shared
- Right-click on the drive located on the target computer that you attempt visiting, for example, C: drive, and select Properties
- Click on Sharing tab and check if the network path says Not Shared
- If it’s not Shared, click Advanced Sharing tab
- Mark the Share this folder check box and make sure that the Share name is typed correctly
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes
- Finally, press Windows key + R, type the name of the shared folder, and press Enter.
Use the IP address of the targeted computer
- Type in cmd into the search box
- Right-click on the search result and pick Run as administrator
- Copy and paste the ipconfig /all command and press Enter
- Scroll down and find the IPv4 Address category
- Mark the needed address, for example, (192.168.43.157) on the list
- Then press Windows key + R, type the \\\\IPv4 Address\\The name of a drive, and press Enter. IMPORTANT: make sure to change “The name of a drive” with the drive you want to access
Modify Network Security Settings
- Press Windows key, type secpol.msc, and press Enter
- Navigate to the Local Policies > Security Options > Network security: LAN Manager Authentication level
- Double-click on the Network security: LAN Manager Authentication level
- When the drop-down menu shows up, select the Send LM & NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings
- Go to Network & Internet and click on Status on the left pane
- Scroll down and click on Change adapter options
- Right click on your connection (WiFi or Ethernet) and pick Properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and choose Properties
- Click Advanced
- Go to WINS tab and pick Enable NetBIOS over TCP
- Confirm with OK
If none of the steps above helped to fix “The network path was not found” (0x80070035) error on Windows, the last thing you can try yourself is to reset TCP/IP. For this purpose, please follow these steps:
- Right-click on the network connection icon placed on the taskbar and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings and right-click on the network adapter.
- Select Properties.
- If you are using Wi-Fi connection, click on your network adapter and select Install.
- Click on Protocol and select Add.
- Finally, click on the Reliable Multicast Protocol option and then click OK to install the protocol.
Hopefully, one of the above listed methods helped to fix the 0x80070035 error and disable “The network path was not found” notification.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.