Issue: How to fix USB WiFi not working (Access violation 100417CF error) in Windows?
Hello. I tried to connect USB WiFi to my Windows laptop but I received the Access violation 100417CF error. What should I do to fix this?
USB WiFi is a type of wireless networking technology that allows a device to connect to a wireless network using a USB port. It is commonly used to add wireless connectivity to devices that do not have built-in WiFi, such as desktop computers, laptops, or older devices that do not have WiFi support.
To use a USB WiFi device, you will need to install the device driver on your computer, which allows the device to communicate with the operating system. Once the driver is installed, you can use the device to connect to a wireless network by selecting it from the list of available networks and entering the required authentication information.
If you are experiencing an “Access violation” error with a USB WiFi device on your Windows system, it is likely that there is a problem with the device driver or the device itself. The specific error code “100417CF” does not match any known Windows error codes and may be specific to a particular device or system.
There are several possible causes for this error, including a problem with the device driver, a conflict with other software or hardware on the system, or a hardware issue with the device itself. In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix USB WiFi not working (Access violation 100417CF error) in Windows.
Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process may be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
- Open the Start menu and go to Settings
- Click System and press Troubleshoot on the right
- Click Other troubleshooters and find the Network Adapter option
- Click on the Run button next to it
Method 2. Check Disk
- Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog
- Type cmd, and press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together to open the elevated Command Prompt
- Run the below command and hit Enter:
chkdsk C: /f /r
- Wait for the process to finish
Method 3. Restart the WLAN Autoconfig Service
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type services.msc and hit Enter
- Scroll down and search for WLAN AutoConfig service
- Right-click on the service and select Restart
- Once done, restart your PC and check if the issue is fixed
Method 4. Update the Network Drivers
Outdated drivers could be the cause of this issue. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the Check for updates button
- Click the View optional updates option
- Click the Driver updates tab
- Select the driver you want to update
- Click the Download and install button
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Method 5. Modify Power Saving Options
- Open the Start menu and search for Device Manager
- Expand the option Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Right-click on your USB WiFi Adapter and select Properties
- Navigate to the Power Management tab
- Uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
- Click on Ok to save the changes
Method 6. Run Command Prompt Commands
- Press the Windows key, search for Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator
- Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int IP reset
- Restart your device
Method 7. Reset Network Settings
- Press the Windows key + I and click on Network & Internet
- Go to the right pane and click on Advanced network settings
- On the next Settings page, go to the right pane and scroll down to the bottom
- Click on Network reset and then Reset now
- Wait for the PC to restart and check if the issue is solved
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.