Issue: How to fix Volume icon missing on Windows 10?
Hello. I have the issue with my volume control button missing. The icon itself is not found in the tray, so I need to find these settings manually. Do I need to change something? I can't find anything. Help me!
Volume icon missing on Windows is the issue that frustrates various people with different Windows versions. These system icons like volume one are stored in the notification area at the bottom-right corner of the TaskBar. With the volume icon, you can easily adjust the output volume of the computer and access sound problem troubleshooter or manage external audio devices.
When the Volume icon is missing on Windows, troubleshooting solutions are needed. It is important to see what triggered the issue with the disappeared icon and settings of the sound. You might want to adjust some of the particular settings or alter drivers if those are the triggers for the problem.
Such issues like Volume icon missing on Windows 10 can be caused by file corruption or driver problems. Minor inconveniences like this are annoying, but malware can be the one responsible for the system data damage. You might want to go through recently installed applications, restart the machine a few times before going for the methods below.
If you managed to solve the problem by quickly restarting processes, this issue is not major, but if you still need a solution for the sound icon missing, we can recommend start with the automatic system repair tool. An application like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 can find and solve problems with any files damaged due to alterations or even infections.
This is the great first step when trying to fix the Volume icon missing on Windows. Of course, you can also upgrade your Windows 10 or clear useless programs before you go for the methods below. When you do, pay attention to steps and details.
1. Restart explorer.exe to fix Volume icon missing on Windows 10
- Click Ctrl + shift + Esc key to open Task Manager.
- Right-click on explorer.exe and click End task.
- Click Windows key + R, to open the run.
- Type explorer.exe and click Enter key.
2. Manually set icons on the notification area
- Press Windows key, go to Settings.
- Find System and click Notification & actions.
- Turn the system icon on or off.
- Now you can set icons you want to display on the Notification area, just click on/off and Exit.
3. Update drivers to fix Volume icon missing on Windows 10
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run
- Type hdwwiz.cpl and hit Enter to open the device manager
- Under Sound, video and game controllers you will find an unidentified device.
- Right click it select Update Driver software.
- Search automatically for the drivers and let it install. If the correct driver is not found go to the website of your computer’s manufacturer and find the correct drivers there.
- Restart your PC.
4. Check Windows Group Policy Settings
- Launch the Windows Run box using the Windows key + R keys.
- Type gpedit.msc into the dialog box and select OK.
- In the User Configuration section.
- Expand the Administrative Templates category and select Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Scroll through the policy settings on the page and locate Remove the volume control icon.
- Double-click on it to check its status.
- If the policy setting is enabled, set it to either Not Configured or Disabled.
- Select OK to save the changes.
5. Check for Windows OS update
- Type in Windows Update in Windows Search and press Enter.
- In here, click on Check for updates and wait till the updates are installed.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem persists.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.