Issue: How to fix WDF_VIOLATION BSOD on Windows?
Could you please tell me what should I do to fix WDF_VIOLATION BSOD on Windows 10?
The WDF_VIOLATION is a Windows Blue Screen of Death error, which is marked with a hexadecimal code 0x0000010D. Usually, it shows up on Windows 8 and 10 when trying to play with an Xbox 360 controller or use an external Hard Drive.
The WDF_VIOLATION BSOD means that Windows Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) found an error in a framework-based driver. To resolve the problem, experts recommend using driver verifier and updating corresponding device drivers.
Nevertheless, error code 0x0000010D with a WDF_VIOLATION BSOD may show up due to the USB or hard drive connected to your PC. According to people’s reports, the culprit of the error was the USB Camera, so you should disconnect all USB peripherals, including mouse, camera, microphone, and similar. Additionally, we’ll explain how to disable USB ports in BIOS in case other methods don’t work.
IMPORTANT: BSOD errors like WDF_VIOLATION are frequently triggered by virus infections. Therefore, make sure to scan your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool before performing the methods provided below. We would recommend using Reimage. This program will scan the system for corrupted, missing or damaged Windows files and eliminate malware at the same time. Thus, it may fix WDF_VIOLATION error caused by malware and other system errors.
Method 1. Disable USB Ports in BIOS
- Restart your PC and press F2 to enter BIOS.
- When BIOS window opens, navigate to Advanced Tab > Miscellaneous Devices > External USB Ports.
- Disable the External USB ports.
- Save the changes and reboot your PC.
- Now a Repair screen should open. Select System Restore option.
- Use this option to restore Windows to the previous state.
- When the system is restored, open BIOS as explained above and enable the External USB ports.
Method 2. Run Driver Verifier
Driver Verifier is a tool developed by Microsoft, which administrates Windows kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers and protect them from illegal changes. In order to run the Verifier, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes on the UAC.
- Type verifier and press Enter to execute the command.
- On the new window, select Create standard settings and then click Next.
- Click Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer.
- Finally, click Finish button to start the verification process. You should get a report about the status of the drivers, so follow the instructions to fix all problems.
Method 3. Update Device Drivers
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- We would recommend expanding each section of drivers and checking if any of them bears a yellow exclamation mark. It means that the driver is either corrupted or outdated.
- In this case, right-click on the driver and select Update driver.
- If none of them is marked, we would recommend updating Graphics driver, Universal Serial Bus controllers, and Sound, video, and game controllers.
Method 4. Enable System Restore Point
- Go to Start menu and enter system restore in Windows search box.
- Select Create a Restore Point.
- Click on System Restore button and click Next.
- Select the system restore point that was created before WDF_VIOLATION BSOD started interrupting you and select Next.
- In case you see only one restore point available, mark Show more restore points check box.
- Select the restore point and click Next.
- Restart your computer to finish your system restore.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.