Issue: How to fix WDF_VIOLATION BSOD on Windows?
Hello. I have an issue with my Windows 10 because I receive the reboot error when it shuts down with the blue screen. Could you please tell me what should I do to fix this WDF_VIOLATION BSOD on Windows 10?
WDF_VIOLATION BSOD is the particular error that users encounter pretty often. Blue screen errors in general are frustrating because people panic when the screen goes blue and all the other functions get canceled. The particular violation error is most often caused b the driver issue or the procedure that has failed.
The error code may appear after an update or at a random situation, but the problem can be fixed. The stop code with a WDF_VIOLATION message raises questions and there are various causes as well as fixes. Troubleshooting is the needed action at first, then based on the particular reason – you can find the root cause and solve the BSOD issue.
The WDF_VIOLATION is a Windows Blue Screen of Death error, which is marked with a hexadecimal code 0x0000010D. Usually, it shows up on Windows 8 and 10 when trying to play with an Xbox 360 controller or uses an external Hard Drive.
The WDF_VIOLATION BSOD means that Windows Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) found an error in a framework-based driver. To resolve the problem, experts recommend using driver verifier and updating corresponding device drivers.
Most common causes of WDF_VIOLATION:
- faulty USB peripherals;
- issues with drivers;
- corrupted system files;
Nevertheless, error code 0x0000010D with a WDF_VIOLATION BSOD may show up due to the USB or hard drive connected to your PC. According to people’s reports, the culprit of the error was the USB Camera, so you should disconnect all USB peripherals, including mouse, camera, microphone, and similar. Additionally, we’ll explain how to disable USB ports in BIOS in case other methods don’t work.
How to fix WDF_VIOLATION BSOD
BSOD errors like WDF_VIOLATION are frequently triggered by virus infections. Therefore, make sure to scan your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool before performing the methods provided below. This process can ensure that additional issues will not occur during the process of fixing the error.
Also, issues with files and corrupted functions can trigger the WDF_VIOLATION issue. Run a system program or PC optimizer to find and fix the damage. We would recommend using RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. This program will scan the system for corrupted, missing, or damaged Windows files and eliminate malware at the same time.
Thus, it may fix WDF_VIOLATION error caused by malware and other system errors. Then you can follow up with these methods below. Try a few of them at least to make sure that issue is fixed.
Disable USB Ports in BIOS
- Restart your PC and press F2 to enter BIOS.
- When BIOS window opens, navigate to Advanced Tab > Miscellaneous Devices > External USB Ports.
- Disable the External USB ports.
- Save the changes and reboot your PC.
- Now a Repair screen should open. Select System Restore option.
- Use this option to restore Windows to the previous state.
- When the system is restored, open BIOS as explained above and enable the External USB ports.
Run Driver Verifier to fix wdf_violation
Driver Verifier is a tool developed by Microsoft, which administrates Windows kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers and protect them from illegal changes. In order to run the Verifier, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes on the UAC.
- Type verifier and press Enter to execute the command.
- On the new window, select Create standard settings and then click Next.
- Click Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer.
- Finally, click Finish button to start the verification process. You should get a report about the status of the drivers, so follow the instructions to fix all problems.
Update Device Drivers
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- We would recommend expanding each section of drivers and checking if any of them bears a yellow exclamation mark. It means that the driver is either corrupted or outdated.
- In this case, right-click on the driver and select Update driver.
- If none of them is marked, we would recommend updating Graphics driver, Universal Serial Bus controllers, and Sound, video, and game controllers.
Enable System Restore Point to fix wdf_violation error
- Go to Start menu and enter system restore in Windows search box.
- Select Create a Restore Point.
- Click on System Restore button and click Next.
- Select the system restore point that was created before WDF_VIOLATION BSOD started interrupting you and select Next.
- In case you see only one restore point available, mark Show more restore points check box.
- Select the restore point and click Next.
- Restart your computer to finish your system restore.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Your PC ran into a problem... WDF_Violation Reboot issue Windows 10 Pro. Answers. Microsoft community.
- ^ Tim Fisher. List of Blue Screen Error Codes. Lifewire. Practical advice to help you live better with technology.
- ^ Kernel-Mode Driver Framework. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.
- ^ Simon Batt. Check for Bad Drivers in Windows with Driver Verifier. Make Tech Easier. Tech site with strong focus on computer tutorials, how-to, hacks and fixes.