Issue: How to Uninstall HitmanPro on Windows?
Hi. I can’t delete HitmanPro from my PC. It runs Windows 8. I want to install another anti-malware, but this one blocks it and stays active no matter what I do. Please provide a detailed tutorial as I feel helpless already. Thanks!
HitmanPro is a professional second opinion anti-malware tool that is supposed to detect, block, and remove viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkit, and other cyber threats. As a standalone anti-virus, It’s not the most reliable. It’s performance is the best when it is working along with another anti-malware, for example SpyHunter, Malwarebytes, and so on. Nevertheless, it is suitable as a primary system scanner, so those who like the way HitmanPro works can have it.
However, it seems that this tool starts posing some problems when trying to remove it. From the past couple weeks, we have received a bunch of emails regarding HitmanPro removal.
If you are using this tool, there are several reasons why you should better be not:
- it blocks installation of other anti-malware tools;
- causes system slowdowns;
- scans the system and delivers pop-ups continuously.
If you have already decided to remove HitmanPro on Windows, you can do that both manually and automatically. If you seek for a quicker solution, we would recommend you to use Perfect Uninstaller. If, however, you are not fond of using additional software, you can uninstall HitmanPro by following the steps described below.
How to uninstall HitmanPro on Windows?
As we have already mentioned, you can delete HitmanPro automatically. If, nevertheless, you seek to get rid of this anti-malware using your own hands, start from shutting it down. For that, you should:
- Click Ctrl + Alt + Delete in order to Open Task Manager;
- Look for HitmanPro application and terminate it. For that, right click on the name and select End Task.
Furthermore, you will have to delete the application from the Control Panel. Keep following the steps indicated below:
- Click Start (bottom-left corner) and select Settings.
- Find System – Apps & Feature.
- Look for HitmanPro and click on it once founded. Select Uninstall – OK.
- Wait until the removal is finished.
- Click Start (bottom-left corner) and select Control Panel.
- Double click on the HitmanPro icon, and start the removal.
Once you finish this simple task, your next move should be to clean up the registries. This part of the HitmanPro removal requires more time and attention as you will have to check lots of files and registries in order to get rid all file leftovers. To help you perform this task, we have prepared a step-by-step guide below:
- Click on the Start button (bottom left corner) and click on the Search. Type regedit in a search bar.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to HitmanPro. Search for the files located in folders:
- Finally, restart your PC and check whether HitmanPro is still working. If you find it still there, our recommendation would be to use a tool that has specifically been designed for program removal, for instance Perfect Uninstaller. It will help you to uninstall HitmanPro automatically.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.