Issue: How to Uninstall PCguardian Registry Cleaner?
Installed PCguardian Registry Cleaner somehow. I didn’t do that intentionally, so not its “free” scanner is really pissing me off. If I want to uninstall it using an in-built uninstaller, I get a prompt to purchase a licensed version or if the prompt does not show, the removal fails. How to remove it?
Just like Magic PC Cleaner, MyPCProtector, RegistryFix, or Pcobserver, PCguardian Registry Cleaner is a rogue optimization utility, which has been developed by doubtful third-parties to prompt people purchase the licensed/full version of a useless optimization tool. Although it’s not malicious, security experts classify it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and recommend people to be more careful when installing freewares.
PCguardian Registry Cleaner is not distributed directly. It is disseminated as an attachment of free programs like download managers, PDF creators, games, and so on. For example, if a PC’s owner opts for installing a free utility and selects Quick or Basic installation option, the full installation setup, which normally should notify about PCguardian Registry Cleaner attachment, will not be shown. Consequently, the rogue cleaner and other attachments will be installed by default.
The PCguardian Registry Cleaner rogue is not capable of optimizing the system. It has been found that its scanning log file is static, which means that it reiterate on all computers. Although some of the “problematic” files may differ, removing them will not improve the PC’s performance. Contrary, the non-specialized optimization utility can damage the system by deleting some of the core system files.
On top of that, PCguardian Registry Cleaner is associated with Tech-Support-Scam. Once installed, it activates a WMPNetworksSvcx.exe process, which connects to the Internet and download an executable file for displaying a Tech-Support-Scam alert. The scam alert says:
Microsoft has detected some suspicious activity on this computer. All access to this device has been revoked due to a network security breach. Attackers might attempt to steal personal information, banking details, email, passwords, and other files on this system.
Please contact a Microsoft certified technician on +18776941835
People have to be aware of the “Microsoft has detected some suspicious activity on this computer” scam, which is caused by PCguardian Registry Cleaner and DO NOT fall victims of it. The purpose of the scam is to make people call for scammers who will put all effort to get access to people’s computers or prompt them to subscribe useless services. To fix “Microsoft has detected some suspicious activity on this computer” scam and uninstall PCguardian Registry Cleaner completely, you should perform the following steps carefully:
- Boot your system into Safe Mode.
- Disable all suspicious processes, including WMPNetworksSvcx.exe and PCguardian Registry Cleaner related processes. For this purpose, open Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and disable them. If, however, you cannot disable them, you can use a third-party tool, for example, Rkill to help you.
- After that, Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features and look for the PCguardian Registry Cleaner.
- Click it and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and the click Remove on the confirmation pop-up.
- Close the window that you are currently seeing. Then press Windows key + R.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Click Edit at the top of the Registry Editor window and select Find.
- Type PCguardian Registry Cleaner and wait while the search results are being prepared. Alternatively, you can run a software removal tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller.
The steps above will help you to uninstall PCguardian Registry Cleaner, but not to fix the “Microsoft has detected some suspicious activity on this computer” tech-support-scam. To disable the scam pop-up, you will have to reset your web browser and then reboot the system.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: