I have 2 email addresses, one through a company server, and the other a regular ISP account. Using Windows live mail 2012.
-The company email address I can not receive message, but I can send.
-The Bell email address seems to work fine although it seems like I am getting
less emails especially spam type stuff
The servers, ports, password is all accurate. I first had this problem 3 weeks ago, online forum suggested to disable anti virus suite, so I did McAfee I uninstalled it.
So Windows Defender is running now, Windows 10. If I disable Defender it does not solve the problem.
Anyway the problem has resurfaced again. Same problem logging onto Webmail, the one account does not receive. I loaded eM Client (in case it was a live mail problem) same issue.
When I refresh for mail on the company email account I am prompted to enter my password, so I do that and hit ok, it keeps bouncing back.
The error message is
Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server response” ERR log in failed
then list the server name
Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC92
Secure (SSL) No
Any help is appreciated.
We appreciate the detailed description.
It seems like the 0x800CCC90 error is related to the mail server or mail client issues.
If on one of your accounts you are receiving messages apart from spam, it means that Microsoft is blocking those - and it is a good thing, there is no need for spam, as it sometimes can be dangerous (infected with viruses).
Talking about the issue itself, you should try to repair the software by going to Control Panel >Programs and Features > Uninstall a program section on your Windows 10 device. Then, Right click on the installed Windows Essentials program and select "Repair." See if that makes any difference.
Another thing you could try is to reinstall the app altogether. Go to Uninstall the program section again, right-click, and pick Uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the app from your PC completely. After that, re-download Windows Essentials and install it again.
Finally, you need to make sure that the account settings are correct. Contact your ISP to receive them - better do it by email to avoid human error. Once you receive the required information, go to your Windows Live Mail account > Accounts > Properties. You will find all the settings - compare them to the ones you received from your ISP and make sure that incoming and outgoing servers, along with SSL and port numbers are correct.
Hope one of these solutions will help you fix 0x800CCC90 error.