Issue: How to fix 0x800c0004 error code in Mail app?
Hello. I cannot figure out how to add my Yahoo account to the Mail app on Windows 11. Every time I try I get the 0x800c0004 error code. What should I do?
Windows 11 is the newest version of the operating system from Microsoft. It comes with many features, including a new user interface, design, and customization abilities. The same as previous versions, Windows 11 comes with Microsoft's clients for different tasks.
The Mail app in Windows is the default client to connect and manage all email accounts from one place without having to load different websites to check emails. It supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other accounts which is very handy.
However, some people have run into issues when trying to add their Yahoo account to the Mail app in Windows 11. Users say that they get the 0x800c0004 error code and the process fails. It is unknown why exactly this could be happening but in this guide, you will find 4 steps that might help you solve the issue.
Manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process so you can try using a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that could help you fix 0x800c0004 error code in Mail app. This powerful software can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below carefully.
Method 1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Click on Start then go to Settings and choose System
- Click on Troubleshoot on the right
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate Windows Store Apps and press Run
Method 2. Reset the Mail app
- Open Settings
- Go to System and choose Apps & features
- Click on Mail app
- Then click on Advanced options
- Press on the Reset button
Method 3. Enable Email Sync
- Go to your Settings
- Choose Accounts, then go to Email & accounts
- Select Manage and at the bottom set Email sync to on
- Save the changes
Method 4. Reinstall the Mail app
- Open the Settings
- Click Apps and choose Apps & features
- Look for Mail and Calendar
- Click on the three vertical dots next to it and click the Uninstall button
- Open the Microsoft Store app, search for the Mail and Calendar app
- Click on the Install button to download and install it
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ M. Brett Smith. Explora Computers Microsoft Windows 11 Featur... Microsoft Windows 11 Features New Look, Interface, and a Whole Lot More. Bhphotovideo. Computer Blog.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.