Issue: How to fix “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” pop-up?
Today I received an intimidating warning saying that “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted.” It shows up while browsing with Chrome and then the browser freezes. The pop-up contains the error code #3658d5546db22ca. Should I worry?
“Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” is a pop-up alert distributed by scammers. It is classified as a Tech-Support-Scam and all information on it is fictitious. There are two reasons why your web browser may generate this fake pop-up – you have either landed on a malicious website or installed a potentially unwanted program (PUP), namely adware. Anyway, if you have received “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” pop-up on Chrome, Edge or another web browser, we would strongly recommend scanning the system with a professional anti-malware, for example, Reimage.
“Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” scam peculiarities
“Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” tech-support scam occurs if you type an URL address, which redirects to a malicious website or click on a pop-up advertisement, which contains a link to a dangerous page. In addition, it may appear soon after the installation of a free application, such as download managers or media players. Third-party tools, especially those distributed in third-party download sources, are bundled with potentially unwanted programs (web browser add-ons, toolbars, extensions).
The “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” pop-up contains fake information to intimidate people and trick into calling for scammers. The message informs the PC owner about a supposed spyware and virus infection, which may result in the loss of personal information (Facebook Login, Credit Card Number, Email Account Login, Photos stored on this computer). The only way to fix “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” scam is to call for “A certified Windows Support agent” dialing a given Toll Free telephone number (888-230-6741). However, that’s just a trick used by cyber criminals to swindle people’s money or make them subscribe paid services.
Avoiding “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” pop-up
To prevent “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” hijack, install a powerful anti-malware and keep it up-to-date. Besides, be extremely cautious during the installation of free programs. Always opt for the Advanced or Custom installation and unmark check boxes saying that you agree to install browser add-ons or extensions.
Fixing “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” pop-up
Step 1. Close web browser
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open Task Manager.
- Find the process of your web browser and right-click on it.
- Select End Task.
Step 2. Boot your PC into Safe Mode
- Press Windows key and move your cursor over the Power button.
- Press and hold the Shift key and select Restart.
- When PC restarts, choose Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- You will then see a new table with the list of boot settings. Press F5 to enable Safe Mode with Networking mode.
Step 3. Remove suspicious programs
- Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features and look for unkown/suspicious entries.
- Click on them and select Uninstall. (The date of the malware installation should coincide with the date of the first “Access To Your Computer Has Been Restricted” scam occurence).
- To make sur that all malicious files have been successfully removed, scan your PC with Reimage or another anti-malware tool.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: