Issue: How to fix Dot4.sys BSOD in Windows?
Hello, I get the Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION that is related to failing Dot4.sys. The blue screen error appears often, and I don't know how to fix it. I have no idea what this file is and how to solve the issue entirely. Can you help me with a solution?
Dot4.sys BSOD in Windows is one of many common system crash errors that are known as Blue Screen of Death windows. The particular file that is indicated as the reason for this crash is the piece of the computer system – a driver file. Microsoft Windows create it for the use of this particular operating system.
The file should be misconfigured or affected differently to cause such an error on the machine. Driver or software incompatibility issues mainly trigger such problems. You may want to check recently installed or updated programs or even check for the OS upgrade/ rollback of the recent update.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is the common error that appears on the system when the hard drive, driver, or a different part of the machine fails. The Blue Screen of Death is frustrating, but it can be damaging and critical when the root cause is not fixed quickly.
Dot4.sys BSOD in Windows has many variants and instances when the issues occur. System file entries can be damaged by malware or a different procedure on the system, so this error occurs. There can be various events when the error occurs, so you need troubleshooting to determine what solution is best for your particular issue.
Errors like this can be caused by the incomplete installation or uninstallation of programs, improper deletion of files and software. If your device recovered from the infection, the damage may be leading to issues with the processes and driver software.
You can see particular errors related to this file, and those errors state:
- Dot4.sys could not be found.
- Dot4.sys failed to load.
- The file Dot4.sys is missing or corrupt.
- Windows failed to start – Dot4.sys.
We recommend running a tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can find affected or corrupted files and fix this issue for you. Troubleshooting particular parts, checking for OS or driver updates can be helpful too. Run the steps listed below and make sure to check if the issue persists after each one, but do not skip methods.
Option 1. Restore the PC
- Type System Restore in search and press ENTER.
- In the search results, find and click System Restore.
- Please enter the administrator password.
- Follow the steps in the Wizard.
- Choose a relevant restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Option 2. Run SFC scan
- Type CMD in search.
- Choose the Command Prompt with administrator rights.
- Once the black screen opens, type sfc /scannow and hit ENTER.
- SFC will begin scanning for issues.
- Follow commands and complete the process.
Option 3. Check for Windows OS updates
- Hit the Windows Start button.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Update & Security section.
- Find the Windows Update section and hit Check for Updates.
- If updates are available for download, click Install Updates.
- After the update is completed, restart your PC.
Option 4. Update drivers
- Click on Start and open Device Manager.
- Here you should expand the chosen section and locate the driver in question.
- Check all drivers, and if you find any of them marked with an exclamation mark – update that.
- Right-click and opt for Update Drivers.
- Choose to search online for drivers.
- Reboot the system and check if the error appears.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.