Issue: How to fix Dragon age inquisition crash on startup?
Hello. I run into a problem. I get the error on Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup. I did some changes to the antivirus programs, repaired, installed from scratch, and this still crashes on startup on my Windows 10 laptop. The error messages not appearing, but the problem remains the same. Can I get some answers or more possible solutions?
Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup is the issue that users and game fans encounter commonly. This is the fantasy RPG game that features 3D graphics and amazing storylines set in the universe of Dragon Age. It is not immune to various issues and especially when the Windows operating system has bugs and vulnerabilities, particularly Update problems.
Various forums fill up with questions about this Dragon age inquisition crash on startup. The problem occurs when the game is started, and there might be various reasons for this problem. As well as solutions. Some console issues have been addressed multiple times, but there are some PC problems that need to get fixed.
Some people that search for solutions and want to fix Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup state that the issue appears just after the launch, and others report problems with the game start in a particular game region. There are particular triggers that can cause this crashing like third-party program/ antivirus blocking or graphic settings, game bugs, OS issues.
Main reasons that cause this Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup problem:
- Nvidia's 3D Vision crashing the game. This is the problem when the update enables the 3D vision on supporting PC, so this can cause the crash in the SkyHold region in particular.
- Built-in Origins menu problem. The platform has a menu that is enabled by default with supported apps, but this built-in menu is known for triggering no error message crashes.
- Graphics settings issue. Users state that crash on the desktop gets fixed when the graphics settings get set to Automatic.
- VSync and Tesselation settings crashing the game. This is the problem with two particular graphics settings that can be changed and fix the issue with a game crash this way. You should set Vsync to Adaptive and Tesselation to Medium.
- The Lunge bug. This issue causes a game to crash when the player upgrades the character or companion to Effortless Lunge Skill. This particular issue is mainly is related to modest GPU cards.
- Overlocked GPU and RAM. Slightly underclocked RAM modules or GPU can fix the issue with the game crash.
How to fix Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup
Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup issue solutions rely on particular setting alterations, so you can be sure that malware is not the problem in this case. You can try to check particular system files or issues related to other functions or programs with PC repair tools or optimizers like Reimage that can fix such problems automatically. You may get rid of some issues and then can rely on more difficult methods needed to fix the problem.
Of course, it is not that easy to fix Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup because some settings require alterations and interference. You should follow instructions and try at least a few methods to be sure that the issue got fixed. You might need to follow all of them until you find the one that is needed for your issues. Be patient.
Perform a clean Windows boot
- You can ensure that there are no programs that interfere with Dragon Age by rebooting the PC. Press the Windows key and R at the same time.
- Input msconfig on the text box and click OK.
- Select the Selective startup radio button in the General tab.
- Un-check the Load startup items box.
- Choose the Load system services and Use original boot configuration options if not selected already.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Apply all the changes.
- Click OK to exit the window and Restart the computer.
Turn off the Origin's in-game menus
- Open Origin's window and login if needed.
- Click the menu to select Application Settings.
- Choose the Origin In-Game tab.
- Click the off option near the Enable Origin In-Game.
Uninstall the 3D Vision driver to fix Dragon Age: Inquisition crash on startup
- Open the Run window.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open the uninstaller.
- Select the Nvidia 3D Vision Driver on the software list and click Uninstall.
- Confirm with Yes and remove 3D Vision.
- Restart the desktop or laptop after uninstalling.
Change launch settings to fix Dragon age inquisition crash on startup
- Press Windows and E buttons to launch File Explorer.
- Navigate to the game's installation folder.
- Then right-click on the main DAI executable and choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check Run as Administrator box below.
- Check Run this program in Compatibility Mode for. Select the different versions of Windows from the menu.
- Save settings and exit the window.
- Check if the issue occurs.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.