Issue: How to fix DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD error?
I’ve recently reinstalled my computer’s graphic drivers to meet the requirements of my tablet. Nevertheless, I still can’t get my tablet to work, plus, my computer started shutting down and displaying a screen informing about the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. I think I messed something up. How can I fix this issue?
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error is a Windows OS problem that can occur on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and all latest versions. This error is BSOD based, which means that when it occurs, all the system functions will be interrupted by a blue screen, displaying an error notification. In relation to the content and color of this error, it was called the Blue Screen of Death or BSOD, in short. This notification can be triggered by a large variety of problems and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE is one of them.
As it can already be seen from its title, this error relates to a driver problem and can be caused by corrupted, defective or malfunctioning drivers. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD is also likely to occur if the newly updated drivers do not match the system’s requirements or are uninstalled from the computer incorrectly. Any of the mentioned problems can start disturbing your daily computer use by displaying BSOD errors every couple of hours, forcing you to reboot your system over and over again. Such activity highly affects system performance and can even inflict irreversible damage. Besides, it diminishes computer use experience by obstructing the use of certain computer functions. Luckily, this problem can be fixed. Below, we introduce the steps you can follow in order to eliminate the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD problem.
How to fix DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD error on Windows OS?
To eliminate the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE problem from your computer by uninstalling the defective drivers and installing healthy components instead. But first, you will have to boot your computer in Safe Mode.
To run your Windows 8 and 10 in Safe Mode:
- When the computer is rebooting, interrupt the process in the Windows logo screen, until the Preparing Automatic Repair screen appears. This may take 2 to 3 times to access.
- The Preparing Automatic Repair window should allow you to access the Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced Options screen choose Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options again.
- Go to Startup Settings.
- When the system reboots, choose the Safe Mode option.
To run Safe Mode on Windows 7 or Vista:
- Restart your computer.
- Keep clicking F8 while the system is booting. This should make the Advanced Boot Menu to appear. If it does not appear, you may have to repeat the process.
- When you reach the Advanced Boot Menu, simply navigate to Safe Mode with Networking using your keyboard arrows and press Enter.
If you have already booted your computer in Safe Mode, then it is time to eliminate the damaged drivers. To do that follow the steps indicated below:
- Click Windows Logo and press R simultaneously to launch the Run prompt.
- Type in devmgmt.msc in the prompt line and hit Enter. This should open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, inspect every category, looking for the damaged components. Look for a yellow triangle icon. This indicates the drivers are corrupted.
- Right-click on the desired drivers and press Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
NOTE: The computer will reinstall the missing drivers automatically, so you do not need to install them after the removal. Nevertheless, drivers for the third-party hardware may need to be reinstalled. Download the latest driver versions from the official sources but always make sure they are compatible with your software. Also, corrupt or missing drivers or files can also be recovered and fixed automatically, using computer optimization software such as Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.