Issue: How to Fix Error code 0x80004005?
Hi, I have encountered an error when I was installing Adobe Photoshop CS3. The message said error code 0x80004005 and despite my attempts to repeat the installation procedure, it still appeared on my Windows XP computer. I have no idea why there is an error since I tried to download the software from official website and it should not be compromised. Could you please help me fix Error code 0x8000400?
We have received quite a few questions about how to fix Error code 0x80004005 on Windows XP computers, so we assume that this article should provide a brief explanation about the potential causes of this message and ways how to get rid of it. Note that there are multiple reasons why it might appear on your PC, so if you ignore the error it will continue to reappear and deteriorate your computer's performance in the long-run.
In most of the cases, 0x80004005 error shows up upon running the installer of any new software, in the case of our user – the Adobe Photoshop CS3. There are several reasons that might cause this error, including corrupt .dll/registry, missing .dll file or broken/missing important system files. Thus, this code indicates that the system is incorrectly configured or a critical file is missing, which prevents the entire system from working properly.
Some users have also reported that they have encountered this error when sending or receiving email messages. Keep in mind that 0x80004005 error can appear on Windows 10 or Windows 7 as well. The error message has been display in such forms:
Sending and receiving reported error “0x80004005″: The operation failed.
This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [OX80004005- 0X0004B9-OXOO501].
If you wonder how to fix Error code 0x80004005, the you should better first think of how to prevent it from occurring. The main reason why some files may be corrupted on your machine, why some of them may be missing, why some of them might not be working properly is related to inappropriate PC's maintenance.
In other words, in order to keep a computer working properly, it's recommended to use not only a reputable anti-spyware, but also a decent PC optimization tool, such as RegCure Pro. This way, you will keep your PC free of unnecessary, outdated and corrupted files/registries and prevent Error code 0x80004005 from appearing.
Also, according to the latest analysis, experts say that you can encounter this problem if the file which is required by Windows Product Activation (WPA) is missing or compromised. So, we will provide two methods showing how to fix Error code 0x80004005 on Windows XP since it might be hard to determine the cause of this problem.
Ways to fix Error code 0x80004005 on Windows XP
We always recommend to rely on professional software to get rid of system errors, including Error code 0x80004005. For that, our experts suggest scanning your machine with RegCure Pro or another reputable system optimization tool, which will automatically detect and fix errors for you.
However, if you are an experienced computer user and would like to fix 0x80004005 error by yourself, below you will find ways how to do it manually. Although, be aware that one method requires to modify the registry and in case it is done improperly, you might face serious computer damage.
Method 1. Restore your computer
- Switch to the Administrator mode (for that you might need a password).
- Open 'Start menu' → All Programs → Accessories → System Tools → System Restore.
- Here you should find and select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and click 'Next'.
- Select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list and click Next.
- When the confirmation window shows up, click Next.
- Wait until the restoration is finished and the restart your computer.
Method 2. Use Windows XP CD to repair the installation of Windows XP
- Insert Windows XP CD and restart your computer;
- Once you see “Press any key to start from CD” message, press any key.
- After Windows XP Professional Setup window is opened, push R key to open Recovery Console;
- You should memorize the path to Windows, like C:\\WINDOWS (your path might be different) and press 1 key.
- Enter Administrator password and if you do not have one, merely click enter;
- Submit “cd YOURPATH\\System32″, like “cd C:\\WINDOWS\\System32″ and press enter;
- Then, you must rename the files given below by entering the following commands and pressing enter after each one:
- REN Wpa.dbl Wpa.old
- REN Pidgen.dll Pidgen.old
- REN Actshell.htm Actshell.old
- REN Licdll.dll Licdll.old
- REN Regwizc.dll Regwizc.old
- REN Licwmi.dll Licwmi.old
- REN Wpabaln.exe Wpabaln.old
- Enter the drive letter of the CD with colon, like “D:” and click enter button;
- Afterward, submit “cd i386” and press enter as well;
- Similar to step 7, you must submit the following commands with your windows path (the given commands contain C:\\WINDOWS path) and press enter after each one:
- Expand wpa.db_ C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Expand actshell.ht_ C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Expand licdll.dl_ C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Expand regwizc.dl_ C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Expand licwmi.dl_ C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Expand wpabaln.ex_ C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Copy pidgen.dll C:\\WINDOWS\\System32
- Submit “exit” and click enter to restart your PC.
Of course, this might not work; therefore, if after performing these steps Error code 0x80004005 is still not fixed, then you should rely on the automatic fix solution.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.