Issue: How to fix error code 0x80070057
My Windows Update throws an error message which says that there were some problems installing updates and the error code 0x80070057 appears. Anyone had the same issue and found a solution?
As supported by queries in various forums, error 0x80070057 has been bugging Windows users for a while. This article will help you to solve this problem, if you have faced it but first of all, let’s have a quick look at what has been causing it. There are least three situations, when this error is met:
1) Using default backup software in Windows 7;
2) During the installation of Windows 7 on your computer or if System Reserved partition has been damaged;
3) It is also possible that Registry Entries on your Windows are faulty.
In order to avoid such problems in the future, you should use some specialized too like RegCure Pro in order to optimize the performance of your system and to avoid the occurrence of various errors in the future. In the meantime, let’s have a look at the solution of your problems.
1. I have encountered Error 0x80070057 when backing up my files
In this case, the error occurs when the user is trying to backup the files on his/ her computer using a default backup software on Windows. It might show up at the beginning or in the middle of the process. We can offer two solutions to solve this problem:
Option #1. Adjust your registry manually
In order to do this, you have to add a registry key value manually. Bear in mind that incorrect modification of registry can result in serious problems. Modify registry at your own risk. If you have made up your mind to try this solution, follow these steps:
1. Go to Start menu, type Regedit.exe in the Search field and click ENTER;
2. Find and click registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\System;
3. Select Edit menu, point to New and click on DWORD Value;
4. Insert CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo entry and click ENTER;
5. Click right mouse button on CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo and select Modify option;
6. Type 1 in Value data box and click OK;
7. Leave Registry Editor.
Option #2. Change the decimal symbol setting
When the decimal symbol is not set to dot (.), you might encounter this problem as well. Fixing the problem in this case is easy:
1. Go to Control Panel, select Clock, Language, and Region and then choose Region and Language;
2. Click on the Formats tab and select Additional settings;
3. Find the Decimal symbol field and type a dot (.) and the click OK two times;
4. Restart your computer.
2. I get this error when installing Microsoft Outlook on my computer
The most frequent reason for this mistake is System Reserved partition being damaged. This partition is important for boot manager and boot configuration data and startup files used for BitLocker Driver Encryption. Important boot files are also stored here by default, even though you can choose a different option by yourself.
What is the solution for Error Code 0x80070057 on Windows 7 OS?
A solution to this problem is easy if you follow these steps:
1. Put in the Windows 7 DVD and start the installation process;
2. Select Custom (or Advanced) installation mode;
3. Select Disk 0 partition 1 and then press Delete. This way, you will delete the System Reserved space;
4. Once the dialogue box pops up, click OK;
5. Select Disk 0 partition 2 and repeat the same steps as above;
6. You have just created some unallocated space; select this space and create a new partition. Please bear in mind that when creating a new disk, you should be careful and calculate the size of the new disk. Click Apply;
7. When another dialogue box pops up, click OK again;
8. All you need to do now is to select Disk 0 partition 2 and Format it once more.
We hope that one of these options has solved your problem. However, in order to avoid them in the future, you should take care of your system and use a trustworthy maintenance tool like RegCure Pro.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: