Issue: How to fix error code 0xc000007b on Windows 10?
Hello. Could you please help me to fix the 0XC000007B error? The message keeps popping up when I try to run a game or application. It often shows a full message ” Application unable to start correctly” or just the error code. I’m using Windows 10 V1709. Thanks in advance!
The Error Code 0xc000007b is a common Windows problem, which flared up with the release of Windows 10 Anniversary update. Usually, it emerges right after the installation of patch or feature updates and prevents people from launching specific apps.
The list of apps affected by 0xc000007b error usually differs; therefore, it may block access to Skype, Messenger, Microsoft Office Package, some games or any other application that people were used to using before. The error is typically marked with a notification “The application was unable to start correctly.” Nonetheless, such an explanation is not sufficient for ordinary PC users to address the problem from the right perspective.
Lots of people managed to fix the 0xc000007b error by re-installing the app that throws an error. That’s a good idea if the problem affects only one or several apps the removal of which does not cause data loss or other inconveniences.
However, the issue usually affects a whole package of applications. That’s because the error code 0xc000007b often occurs due to the missing or corrupted .NET framework 3.5 or Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
Methods to fix Error Code 0xc000007b
Typically this error occurs when the 32-bit version of Windows mixes with 64-bit OS or applications. Sometimes restarting Windows may help to fix the issue, so you can try this as your first step. Updating the operating system can also fix the issue since various versions of Windows had different bugs.
However, before any of the manual solutions for the Error Code 0xc000007b message, you need to scan the machine with a PC repair tool like Reimage. This program indicates issues that require fixing and can resolve them. This particular tool can restore Windows files and even eliminate PUPs.
Fix 1. Install Windows Updates and fix Error Code 0xc000007b
Windows Updates patch many issues, and 0xc000007b error may be one of them. This fix especially applies to those who have disabled automatic Windows Updates and did not install the latest updates for a long time.
- Press Windows key + I and select Update & Security.
- Now click Check for Updates button.
- The system should automatically detect and install all missing Windows Update.
- To finish up the installation, restart the system and check if the problem persists.
Fix 2. Launch the affected app with Administrative privileges
If you cannot run only one app due to the 0xc000007b bug, you should try to run it with administrative privileges. For this purpose, right-click on the icon of the app and select Run as Administrator. If you received “The application was unable to start correctly” notification with an error code 0xc000007b, try to reset the app.
Fix 3. Reset the app and fix Error Code 0xc000007b this way
If the program that you cannot open is one of the defaults Microsoft’s apps, you should try to reset it:
- Press Windows key + I and select Apps.
- Find the affected application and click on it.
- Click on the Advanced options link.
- Click Reset button and Reset again to confirm the command.
Fix 4. Reinstall the app
If previous methods did not work, you might need to reinstall the problematic application. You can do that by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + I and select Apps.
- Find the problematic app and click on it.
- Press Uninstall button and Uninstall again to confirm the command.
- Finally, reboot your PC and install the app from the official website.
Fix 5. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If neither of the previous methods worked or if the problem affected many apps installed on your PC, try to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:
- Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features section and remove all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable items.
- Then navigate to the official Microsoft‘s website and install Visual C++ Redistributable Package manually.
Fix 6. Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to end Error Code 0xc000007b alerts
Before reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, try to run a scan with Reimage or similar professional optimization utility. It may fix issues related to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, so you may avoid manual interference with the package. If the scan did not help, you should:
- Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- Click on Microsoft .NET items and select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the items completely.
- Finally, navigate to the Microsoft .NET Framework download website and reinstall the framework manually.
Fix 7. Run a CHKDSK scan to check the hard drive
- Launch the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter.
- Confirm the scan for the next time of reboot and Restart the machine.
- CHKDSK will automatically scan the computer and fix the possible issues.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: