Issue: How to fix Firefox using too much memory?
Hello. I have an issue with my Firefox browser and Firefox quantum memory usage. It uses my RAM and other resources, so I can't use the device properly because of this. I tried to run other browsers at the same time and the Task Manager shows how much more memory it uses when compared with Chrome, for example. Can I do something about it? I like Mozilla Firefox more than other tools, so I would like to use this browser instead of other ones
Firefox Quantum memory usage is a common thing that users tend to search in forums and discussion platforms that revolve around web browsers' issues. Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular web browsers that is open-source.
The newest version of the web browser is the Firefox Quantum that goes by the number of 60. The browser offers various features that are valuable and customizable for secure and fast browsing.
However, the issue with Firefox high memory usage is causing many problems for users, even though the tool is excellent and performance is satisfactory. This problem requires intervention because browser issues may be caused by system-based performance errors. The troubleshooting indicates possible issues and may offer some solutions like removing extensions, and so on.
Disabling memory consuming extensions and themes can help because some additional features trigger the high usage of the memory, CPU, other resources. There is a way to fix Firefox using too much memory. A few of them actually because there are many reasons for the issue, so solutions too.
How to fix Firefox using too much memory
When Mozilla Firefox uses too much memory a browser or the system update can work as a solution because some bugs and errors trigger issues in various parts of the device. Sometimes older versions of the program are laggy and cause problems for no other reason. So renew the browsing tool that you use and if that is not helping go through other methods. In the case of the affected system files or programs, or even PUPs you can try running the RestoroMac Washing Machine X9, so those issues get fixed automatically for you.
Update the browser
- Click the lines on the right and open the menu.
- Choose Options and then Preferences.
- Select the General tab and scroll to Firefox Updates.
- Check for updates and restart the browser if needed.
Check for resources using extensions or themes
- Put about:support in the address bar on the Firefox and press Enter.
- Click Restart with Add-ons Disabled under Try Safe Mode.
- Click Start in Safe mode when Firefox restarts.
- Use Firefox while checking your memory usage.
Disable extensions to fix Firefox using too much memory
- Open the menu and select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions.
- Click three-dot icon
- Select Disable on the drop-down menu.
- Repeat with others.
Disable memory consuming themes
- Open the Firefox menu.
- Select Add-ons.
- Choose Themes and then three-dot button next to Default listed under Disabled.
- Select Enable.
- Go to menu.
- Select Exit to close the browser.
Toggle hardware acceleration to fix Firefox using too much resources
- Go to menu.
- Choose Options.
- Preferences page opens with the General category loaded by default. Scroll down to Performance.
- Firefox enables the Use recommended performance settings option automatically.
- Uncheck the Use hardware acceleration when available feature.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ Firefox is using about 80% of my memory.. Mozzilla. Support forum.
- ^ Jason Bennett. What Is Firefox Quantum?. Lifewire. Internet, networking, security.
- ^ Malware. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.