Issue: How to fix VAN 0 Error Code in Valorant?
Hello. I have been trying to launch Valorant but every time I try to I receive the VAN 0 Error Code. What should I do?
Valorant is a free-to-play first-person tactical hero shooter developed and published by Riot Games, for Microsoft Windows. Valorant takes inspiration from the Counter-Strike series of tactical shooters, borrowing several mechanics such as the buy menu, spray patterns, and inaccuracy while moving.
The game is set in the near future. Players play as one of a set of Agents, characters based on several countries and cultures around the world. In the main game mode, players are assigned to either the attacking or defending team with each team having five players on it.
However, while playing this popular game, people can encounter certain issues. We previously wrote about TPM event id 14, error code 38, and error VAN9001. Now, users are reporting that VAN 0 Error Code is preventing them from launching Valorant. It is unknown what exactly could cause this problem.
The error could be caused by third-party antivirus, which is mistakenly blocking the game, or even Windows Firewall. It is also possible that your game files are corrupted. In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix VAN 0 Error Code in Valorant.
Manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so you can also use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9. It can automatically fic most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, and clear cookies and cache which are often the culprits behind many malfunctions. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Disable Third-Party Security Software
Sometimes antivirus software can block legitimate processes mistakenly. You should try disabling your antivirus and trying to launch Valorant again.
Method 2. Restart the Riot Client
- Press the Windows key, search for Task Manager and click to open it
- Search for the Riot Client in the list
- Right-click on the Riot Client and select End Task
- Now launch the Riot Client and check if the issue gets fixed
Method 3. Repair Valorant
- Open the Riot client, click on the profile icon, and select Settings
- Navigate to Valorant and click on Repair
Method 4. Change Windows Firewall Settings
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings
- Navigate to Privacy & Security
- Open the Windows Security tab and click on Firewall & network protection
- Click on Allow an app through firewall
- Press on Change settings and select Allow another app
- Find the Riot Vanguard folder; it’s most probably located in Program Files on the C partition (C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard), then select the vgc application, select Open and click on Add
- On the Allowed apps window, locate the Vanguard user-mode service and check both the Private and Public boxes
Method 5. Reinstall the Game
- Close Valorant
- Now, type uninstall in the Windows Search Menu and select Add or remove programs
- First, remove Riot Vanguard then Valorant
- Restart your computer
- Now go to the official Valorant website
- Sign in to your Riot Account
- Hit the Download button on the next screen
- Run the installer, ensuring you set the install path to whatever drive and file you want
- Sign in to the fully installed program with your Riot ID from your Riot Account
- Check if the issue is fixed
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.