Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0x801901F4?
Yesterday some strage things began to happen on my Mail app. When I try to add my email to the Mail app, I receive a notification, which claims that the password is wrong, but I‘m pretty sure that it‘s correct.
Well, despite that I‘ve changed the password, but then all of the tasks, including writing and sending messages end up with an error code, which reads as following: “Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x801901f4.” Does anyone know how this issue can be workarounded?
In comparison to other Windows 10 bugs, the error code 0x801901F4 is not that common. Nevertheless, there is a considerable number of people who are desperately looking for the methods to fix it.
The error code 0x801901F4 is related to applications like Mail, Gear of wars and Groove Music. It prevents the apps from opening or forces them to close soon after opening. The culprit of this bug is usually related to Windows Update service. In other words, faulty installation of the latest updates can end up with faulty configuraton of apps, system files, services, and so on. That might be the case of the Mail app error 0x801901F4.
If the updating process corrupts some of the Windows Update components, the part of the Windows Store apps may start mulfunctioning, especially the ones that need updating. Therefore, we would recommend you to check for updates one more time and install the available ones. Yet another culprit of the 0x801901F4 bug may be the outdated drivers or Windows Store cache. Thus, the following are the fixes that you may try:
Solution 1. Check for Windows Updates
- Press Windows key + I and open Update & Security.
- Click Check for Updates button and wait until the system automatically installs the updates.
- Finally, reboot your PC.
Solution 2. Re-register Windows Store
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes on the confirmation window to proceed.
- Type PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore) in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
- After that, type InstallLocation + ‘\\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest and hit Enter again.
- Now close Command Prompt and try to launch apps that were throwing 0x801901f4 error code before.
Solution 3. Update Device Drivers
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- First of all, check the Graphics card driver (Imaging devices). If the driver is marked with a yellow exclamation mark, right-click on it, and select Update driver.
- Check all devices and update them if needed.
- Restart your PC.
Solution 4. Remove Windows Store Cache
- Click Windows key + S and type WSReset.
- Right-click on the WSReset option and select Run as Administrator.
- Finally, it’s advisable to reboot your device and check if the problem persists.
If these methods did not help,we would strongly recommend using a PC optimization utility that would check the system for malware, corrupted registry entries, system files, and similar issues. Our recommendation is Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: