Issue: How to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service?
Hello. I have run into the “Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service” problem and have been wondering what does it mean. Can you explain? What can I do to fix it?
Windows Resource Protection is a service that keeps all necessary system objects such as files, folders, registry keys, and other components safe and unable to replace alternative content. This way, the service ensures that the Windows computer system has all its crucial components included and can continue operating properly.
WRP (Windows Resource Protection) was first released on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Since then, its function is to keep software and the system operating without any trouble. The only way to manage this service is by using Supported Resource Replacement Mechanisms together with the Windows Modules Installer (or TrustedInstaller) service.
TrustedInstaller is a Microsoft-released process that is automatically included in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 operating systems. This component activates the elimination and managing of various Windows Updates and additional objects. If TrustedInstaller fails to operate properly, you may receive the following message:
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service
If you are provided with such note, something has damaged or interrupted the TrustedInstaller.exe process and it needs fixing if you want it to operate properly again. We have provided multiple tips below some of which might help you to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
How to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service?
Tip 1. Run an SFC scan with Command Prompt
Run the system file checker and search for possibly-corrupted files. If the Command Prompt finds some damaged components, they might be the ones causing the Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service problem. To complete this task, follow the below-provided guiding steps:
- Press the Win key + R button and hold them for a second.
- When a white run box shows up, type “cmd”.
- Launch the Command Prompt service.
- Choose to Run as an Administrator.
- Afterward, type sfc /scannow after the blinking cursor.
- Hit the Enter key and wait for the command to finish.
- Reboot your Windows machine.
Tip 2. Perform a DISM checkup
- Hold the Win key and R button together for a short time.
- Type “cmd” in the small run box.
- Make sure that Command Prompt is running as admin.
- Continuously, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Press Enter and wait for the process to finish.
- Restart your computer and check if the error still persists.
Tip 3. Activate Windows Modules Installer Service (TrustedInstaller)
In case this service somehow got disabled, you can try activating it again. All you need to to is complete these steps:
- Hold the Win key and R key for a second.
- When the run box pops out, type “services.msc” and click OK.
- Look through the entire services menu and locate the Windows Modules Installer (or TrustedInstaller) option.
- Right-click on the services and opt for Properties.
- Choose Manual as the Startup type if it is not already the default settings.
- To save the changes, select the Apply button.
Tip 4. Upgrade your Windows machine
If your Windows computer system is missing some crucial updates, this might be the reason why you are dealing with Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service error. Install all required updates by completing the following:
- Go to Windows search and type “cmd”.
- Launch Command Prompt and make sure that it is running as an Administrator.
- Then, type wuauclt.exe /updatenow after the blinking cursor.
- Hit Enter and wait for the process to finish.
- Allow the command to run for approximately one hour.
- Afterward, restart your machine and see if the problem was resolved.
Tip 5. Automatical fix
If you have tried all of the above-mentioned techniques and none of them seemed helpful, the roots of the Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service problem might be somewhere else. If there is some more serious system corruption related to some type of malware or PUP attack, you might not be able to take care of such a problem yourself. For this purpose, we recommend trying to scan your computer system with software such as Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.