Issue: How to Uninstall Driver Update by Slimware Utilities?
I can’t remember installing Driver Update by Slimware Utilities, but I have just found this program on my Windows computer. Can you explain how I can uninstall Driver Update because its notifications are driving me insane? They are super annoying, and I don’t know how to disable them.
Driver Update by Slimware Utilities is a questionable system tool that pretends to help people to install the latest driver updates. Unfortunately, this program urges people to buy its full version in order to get these updates, while these can be obtained from Microsoft Windows for free.
Computer security experts advise removing Driver Update as soon as possible because the program makes it to spyware and adware categories. To convince the user to obtain the full version of it, it performs “system scans” that reveal which drives need an update. After clicking the “Update Selected Drivers” button, the victim finds out that the task cannot be completed without having the licensed version of DriverUpdate.
There are many alternative ways to update your drivers without purchasing a shady software that so many computer users complain about. Although it definitely does not fall into malware category and doesn’t pose a threat to the computer, its activities are kind of annoying, to say at least. To uninstall Driver Update by Slimware Utilities, please use the tutorial provided below.
A Guide on How to Remove Driver Update by Slimware Utilities
- In the menu tray, click the small arrow facing upwards (you can find it next to Windows clock in the bottom left corner of the screen). Here, you will see a blue square icon. Hover your mouse over it, and you should see a line stating that it is DriverUpdate.
- Right-click on the icon and choose Exit.
- Now, click on the Start menu and go to Control Panel. You can also use Windows search to find this panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program, Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs. The name of the panel that provides all currently installed software list differs depending on Windows OS system.
- Here, find DriverUpdate. Select it and click Uninstall. Click Yes to confirm.
- Now, press Windows key + R and type regedit into the Run window. Press Enter to confirm.
- Here, go to Edit > Find and, using Find next button, search for Slimware. Delete the keys associated with the software.
- Open My Computer (or This PC). Click View and make sure that Hidden items option is checked. Then, use the search box (in the top right corner of the file explorer) and type DriverUpdate. Delete everything Windows finds for you.
- Then, search for Slimware and delete everything associated with this term as well.
- Reboot your PC.
In order to finish the DriverUpdate removal and make sure that all of its components are gone, choose a reliable software uninstaller to help you out. We strongly recommend using Reimage – it contributes to removing potentially unwanted programs. Another option you can choose is Perfect Uninstaller software.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: