Issue: How to Uninstall Opera Stable?
Recently I’ve installed Opera Stable web browser as a component of a download manager, so it automatically became my default web browser. However, I don’t feel fond of using it instead of Google Chrome. Yes, I know that switching one browser from the other is easy. However, even after I executed Opera Stable removal, each time I click on a link to any website, Opera is opened as my default browser. Please help me to remove it.
According to Opera Software ASA, a developer of Opera Stable, it’s a “small, fast, customizable, powerful and user-friendly web browser, as well as an Internet suite, including an email client, an IRC client, and web developer tools (Opera Dragonfly).” It can be installed for free and used as long as you like it. However, as you have mentioned, you prefer using another web browser, so your decision to uninstall Opera Stable is right because keeping all possible kinds of web browsers is not recommended.
Generally, speaking all unwanted programs should be removed from Windows OS because keeping them is not only useless but also risky for your PC’s stability. The more apps you keep, the less RAM space there are, the more useless registries are created, the more useless process may be run, and so on. All this may lead to system slowdowns, crashes and emergency of system errors. Therefore, make sure that you remove Opera Stable and all other unnecessary programs completely. In order to do that, you have uninstall it using a built-in uninstaller and the find all related files. Since that’s not the easiest task to fulfill because it requires a close investigation of Registries, we recommend you a quick and reliable solution for a complete Opera Stable removal – Perfect Uninstaller.
How to Uninstall Opera Stable?
Probably no one will dare to argue that removal of a software is easy when we use a software that has been developed specifically for this purpose. Therefore, if you wish to uninstall Opera Stable From Windows, we recommend you to use Perfect Uninstaller.
Nevertheless, if you prefer doing that by yourself, we will try to explain step-by-step how Opera Stable should be removed once and for all. As we have already mentioned, first of all, you have to remove the program itself, what can be done using a built-in uninstaller or using Add/Remove Programs function. By the way, before starting Opera Stable removal, don’t forget to terminate launcher.exe process via Task Manager (if it’s running). To execute built-in uninstaller you have to:
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘All Programs’.
- Find Opera Stable folder, open it and find ‘Uninstaller’.
- Double-click it and follow the process.
If you prefer uninstalling programs from Add/Remove Programs List, then you should perform these steps:
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Uninstall a Program’ (Windows 7).
- Open ‘Start’ → ‘Programs and Feature’ (Windows 8.1)
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP)
- Find Opera Stable and select ‘Change/Remove‘.
- Click ‘Yes’ to perform the removal and then wait until the process is over.
Finally, you have to check all registry entries and remove the ones that belong to Opera Stable application. In order to do that, you should:
- Check the folder that belongs to Opera Stable and remove all files that are still sitting there.
- After that, open ‘Start Menu‘, type “regedit” in the search bar and click ‘Enter’ to open Registry Editor.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to Opera Stable. Look for the files located in folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Stable), HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\program name), and (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui).
- Find and delete all program files in system folders: C:\Program Files\Opera Stable, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\program name, C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\program name.
Luckily, this can be done automatically without you putting minimal time and effort. For that, you can use Perfect Uninstaller, which, by the way, is free.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: