Issue: How to Uninstall Zemana AntiMalware?
I have a problem uninstalling this software for a while, especially with 18.104.22.168 version. I managed to perform basic uninstallation, but some desktop icons still remain. The .exe file is also present in the system.
Zemana Anti-Malware program is a cloud-based malware removal utility. It is apt in detecting potentially unwanted programs and files. Likewise, it is one of the mostly used security applications. Nonetheless, the software does not provide real-time protection. In this case, some users might start uninstalling this application and start searching for alternatives. Unfortunately, some versions of Zemana AntiMalware seem to possess bugs which prevent users from easily uninstalling this utility. Antilogger.sys file is suspected to be at fault for causing elimination trouble. Nonetheless, rest assured as we will provide several solutions to this issue. Note that this program is a legitimate tool so if you do not have trouble using it, we do not encourage taking any action. Otherwise, use the below-given removal instructions to perform the removal of Zemana Anti-Malware utility.
Solution 1: Remove the software using unins000.exe file.
- Enter the File Explorer. Click the Folder icon on the taskbar or find it by typing “Folder Options” after clicking Start.
- Open the local disk that you installed the Zemana AntiMalware program in. Later on, open Program Files (x86) > Zemana AntiMalware.
- In the emerged folder, double-click the Unins000.exe file. After the activation, the removal process should start.
- When the procedure is finished, enter Registry Editor. Click the Start button and then type regedit and press Enter.
- Find these folders:
Delete them to eliminate Zemana Antimalware completely. Restart your computer for the modifications to take effect.
Solution 2: Uninstall Zemana Antimalware via the Programs and Features.
- Click on the Start. Type Apps/Programs and Features.
- Find Zemana AntiMalware app and choose Uninstall.
- Repeat the same steps by entering Registry Editor and deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zemana\ and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zemana\
- Reboot the computer.
Solution 3: Use an uninstaller
You can install Perfect Uninstaller to deal with the application. The former program will eliminate Zemana AntiMalware within a couple of minutes. It will also check for its secondary files. It is important to delete them all in order for the uninstallation process to be successful.
Solution 4. Remove Antilogger.sys file
- Click Start button. Type Device Manager.
- Choose View sections. Check-mark Show hidden devices function.
- Locate antilogger.sys file in the Plug-in and Drivers section.
Either of these options should help you solve the issue. Lastly, do not forget to update your software applications regularly. It is likely that the absence of the update might be the fault of similar problems as well.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: