Issue: How to fix bddci.sys blue screen error in Windows?
I get the Blue Screen of Death error with the bddci.sys file indication. It repeats. I manage to use the laptop normally, but I am in constant fear that the error occurs again and permanent damage is caused. I don't know what is causing this and what to do. I just realize that this is the system file and can be a major issue as any other BSOD error is. I am desperate but not that tech-savvy. Help me, please.
People often encounter error messages and other issues with machines that run the Windows operating system. However, Blue Screen of Death errors are common and can be indicating major issues with the machine or lead to complete shutdown. This bddci.sys Blue Screen of Death error in Windows creates concerns because of the file that is having .sys extension.
These system data pieces are used by the operating system and contain particular settings, variables, functions. The file is needed for the system to run, and such data is storing device drivers. Users report encountering the issue with the blue screen error and various system files. Hardware failure, outdated firmware, corrupted drivers, other software issues can accompany the BSOD error.
There are tons of different system files that trigger these issues and error codes. You can experience these particular codes alongside the file indication: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED; SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION; APC_INDEX_MISMATCH; PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. The issue can be related to the recent installation of software or updates of the program, operating system.
Windows updates can often lead to improper system performance due to missing or corrupted files that couldn't transfer during the upgrade. This is a common problem for the latest Windows 10 users. There are several methods that can help resolve this issue, but all depends on the reason behind the error.
We have already covered a few issues with Blue Screen of Death errors with similar codes and related to different system files. For example:
If the system has already crashed a few times, you should react as soon as you can until the crash is crucial. The file can be a part of the Bitdefender antivirus tool, but issues can reside in other parts of the system. You can run FortectMac Washing Machine X9 and properly repair system files quickly. The permanent solution for the bddci.sys blue screen error in Windows might require more interference, so focus on the guide below.
Method 1. Uninstall BitDefender
- Press Windows + I on your keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- In the new window, select Apps and then head over to App & features.
- Locate BitDefender in the right pane and click on it.
- Hit Uninstall and follow the instructions.
- Restart your PC and check if the bddci.sys Blue Screen error appears.
Method 2. Rename the file
- Launch File Explorer via right-click on the start button.
- Click on This PC.
- Access the (C:) drive and head over to the Windows folder.
- Click on Windows > System32 and then select drivers.
- Now right-click on bddci.sys and select Rename from the context menu.
- Rename this file as bddci.old.
- Once done- restart.
Method 3. Reverse the Windows update
- Open a Run box by pressing Windows + R keys.
- In the dialog box, type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter to launch the Programs & features window.
- Click on View installed updates and then scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
- Right-click on the update and select Uninstall.
- Click Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- Wait for the end.
- You can also go to Updates and upgrade again if there is more recent version.
Method 4. Run system scans
- Type cmd in the search area of your taskbar and click on Run as administrator.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type the command: sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- From the same elevated CMD window, do a DISM scan: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Restart your PC.
Method 5. Perform System Restore
- Click on the Search icon from the taskbar.
- Type – rstrui.
- Press- Enter.
- System Restore wizard will load.
- Click on Next.
- Select the point before the BSOD bug check has started to occur.
- Click on Finish.
- Confirm by clicking Yes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.