Issue: How to fix Origin error code 9:0?
Hello. I just can't get Origin to update. Every time I try, I receive an error “Whoops – the installer encountered an error. Error code 9:0.” I tried to restart the computer and update Windows, but none of that helped. Any tips would be appreciated.
Origin is a video game distribution platform that was released back in 2011 by Electronic Arts (EA) and remains one of the more prominent tools for gamers. Players can buy, download, uninstall, and update games, as well as add friends and communicate with them. The platform offers exclusive EA games that are not available on Steam, Epic Games, GOG, or Uplay – this is one of the reasons why so many people have it installed on their systems. To use it, people have to create an EA account via the official website or the client itself.
Just like any other platform, this one does not avoid errors. Origin error code 9:0, accompanied by the “Whoops – the installer encountered an error” title, prevents users from updating or installing the app in the first place, which can be a rather frustrating issue to deal with.
The problem has been around for many years now, according to many user reports on EA official forums. As the error message stated, all that has to be done in order to address the issue is to restart the update or install process. Restarting the app and trying again did not work for most, unfortunately.
There could be many different reasons why you are experiencing this error – app bugs, third-party antivirus, corrupt or missing .NET Framework package, insufficient permission of the app, and much more.
We have previously discussed Origin error 327683:0 and provided solutions for it. In this article, we will give you some tips to fix Origin error code 9:0 in many different ways. Before you begin going through the manual solutions below, we recommend you use FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to ensure that no system file corruption or other Windows-related issues are causing this.
1. Shut down OriginWebHelperService
A simple bug can cause you to face the Origin error 9:0. In order to address it, first, try to shut down the app's task via the Task Manager:
- Close down Origin app if you have it open
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager
- Click More details if required
- Scroll down until you find OriginWebHelperService
- Right-click and pick End task
- Open Origin and try updating it again.
2. Install the latest version of .NET Framework
.NET Framework is particularly important for gaming and many other features. If it gets corrupted or the latest versions in missing, it might also result in Origin Error code 9:0. Thus, you should install the latest version and ensure that it is enabled:
- Download the newest version of .NET Framework from the official website
- When option is presented, select Runtime
- Launch the ndp48-web.exe executable and proceed with on-screen instructions
- Once installed, type in Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter
- Select Programs > Uninstall a program
- On the left, pick Turn Windows features on or off
- Make sure that both 3.5 and 4.8 versions are enabled and click OK.
3. Turn on Application management service
In some cases, not having the Application Experience service enabled might cause you not to be able to use updating services. You can enable it easily:
- Type in Services in Windows search
- Right-click on Services result and select Run as administrator
- Locate Application Management service and double-click it
- Under Startup type, select Automatic from the drop-down menu
- Click Start, Apply, and OK.
4. Reinstall the app
Reinstalling software on Windows does not take a long time. However, taking extra steps while doing so might make a huge difference. Don't worry about your installed games, as they will remain on the system even if you uninstall the game client. Here's what you should do:
- Type Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- Find the client, right-click and pick Uninstall
- Proceed with on-screen instructions
- Once done, press Win + R on your keyboard
- Type %ProgramData% and press Enter
- Find Origin folder and access it. Here, delete everything apart from LocalContent folder (this is important!)
- In the same way, access %AppData% folder
- Locate Origin folder and delete it
- Now go back by pressing up arrow at the top-left
- Select Local folder and double-click it
- Delete Origin folder there as well.
- Finally, restart your computer
- Download the app installer from the official website
- Right-click on the installer and select Run as administrator
- Follow on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
5. Allow the app through Firewall
Ensure you are logged in to your administrator account before proceeding:
- Type in Windows Defender Firewall in Windows Search and hit Enter
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
- Pick Change settings
- Locate Origin entry and tick Private + Public checkmarks
- Click OK.
- Make sure your Windows is up to date
- Disable or uninstall your third-party security software
- Run Origin as administrator.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.