Issue: How to fix This site can’t be reached?
Hello, I have an issue that cannot be fixed so far. I've tried resetting the browser, clearing cache on Chrome and restarting my router. However, there is still the problem with “This site can’t be reached” error. Whenever I load a site on my Chrome browser I get this error, Explorer loads the website just fine. Right now I tried to add new Mozilla Firefox for a change. Unfortunately, this browser gets the same problem. Is there anything I can do to finally fix this problem?
“This site can’t be reached” is a common error that appears on the computer for various reasons. The problem can be related to the Internet provider, the particular website or even hardware that has a faulty component or needs a replacement or essential repair.
If the issue is related to the Internet provider, the website you try to access cannot be launched until the problem is fixed on the end of the source. However, certain settings on your computer can also be a reason behind “This site can’t be reached” error. Often you can solve these problems by troubleshooting. If the website loads on the specific browser, but others are affected it may be caused by other reasons.
This site can’t be reached on Chrome is one of the more common issues reported in online forums. The main problem related to this browser is probably that DNS lookup failed, so the website is not available. The error may deliver the particular Error code(localhost 3052 agent; ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED, and many more) which indicates more specific reason behind the website loading issue.
There might be different reasons behind the “This site can’t be reached” on Firefox and other browsers, but we can deliver you a few methods that should work on each browser separately and on the system in general. However, you should take precautionary measures in the future and keep your device clean from malware. Install anti-malware program or PC repair tool.
This site can’t be reached error fixing methods
As we mentioned above, there are tons of different reasons that could cause this browser error, and they differ from browser to browser. Fortunately, you can avoid these issues by updating your software and programs more frequently. Also keeping PC repair tools like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 or antivirus up-to-date can improve the performance of your computer. We have additional tips and guides for you according to each possible reason.
Method 1: Switch your DNS server to Google's
- Press Windows logo key and R at the same time and launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Choose DNS Client and the Restart.
- Check if it works with the website again.
Method 2: Updating the network adapter driver
- Locate to Device Manager or press Windows key + R key and type devmgmt.msc
- Expand the Network Adapters section.
- Right-click on the network adapter you need to uninstall and select Uninstall device.
- When the window appears, choose OK.
- Restart the PC after uninstallation.
- Download the latest adapter from the website of your manufacturer.
- When installs are completed, restart the computer again.
- Locate to Device manager and select Network Adapters section. Choose Properties and navigate to Power Management tab.
- Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
Method 3: Resetting IP via cmd to fix “This site can’t be reached” error
- Open Administrative CMD
- Enter the following commands and press Enter after each one:
Netsh int ip set dns
Netsh winsock reset.
- Restart the machine to apply all changes.
Method 4: This site can’t be reached error fix by changing maximum allowed TLS version on Chrome
- Go to Google Chrome and type chrome://flags/.
- Scroll below and find a drop down option named “Maximum TLS version enabled”.
- Chose 1.3 version if that is not set as Default yet.
- Restart the browser, settings are saved automatically, and the error should not occur again.
Method 5: Changing settings on your Chrome
- In the address bar of Chrome type chrome://flags/ and press Enter.
- On the top of the page look for Reset to default option and click to reset all settings.
- Check if that worked
Additionally, you can reinstall your browser and see if this issue gets fixed after doing so.
Method 6: Fix This site can’t be reached on Opera
- Open your Opera browser and find the Opera Turbo icon on the lower left of the screen.
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose the Configure option.
- Make sure that the option OFF is set.
- Restart the browser and check if the issue is gone or not.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.