Issue: How to fix Discord audio cutting out?
Hello. Can you help me? I use Discord, and I experience problems with it. I use the press to talk option and talk all the time, and the audio gets cut off. I tried to select different outputs and inputs, but the issue persists. It also is not different on various servers. Can I do something?
Discord audio cutting out is the issue that keeps people from normal communication on the platform. You might experience the problem due to the audio driver or OS updates. Restarting the program itself and making sure that all the setups are okay can also help, but users who report this problem already have tried these quick and common solutions before asking for help online.
This platform is a popular social media application that gamers and other communities use pretty often. Especially, during the time like pandemic when people tend to sit at home and connect with loved ones and friends, colleagues over the internet. Discord audio cutting out is the common problem, it seems, because this irritating thing is often talked about in online forums.
The platform cuts out during various calls and in different servers, so teammates, friends cannot hear what people want to say, and the issue occurs during the session. This is a free application and the app popular among gamers all over the world, so Discord audio cutting out triggers questions and assumptions that Discord has a virus or a bug. That is not the case, though.
Most of the solutions for this issue involve restarting the device, program itself, updating the application, your operating system, or drivers that are responsible for the sound and output or input features. You might quickly fix Discord audio cutting out by changing the region of the server or altering some settings. You can find a handful of solutions below if those quick fixes cannot help.
How to fix Discord audio cutting out
Discord audio cutting out is disrupting gameplay and chats since communication is key on the platform. Frustration is not stopping when the issue is not reasonable or solved and randomly occurs again and again. This audio cutting issue has been frustrating users for a while. Quick solutions or workarounds are available, but the particular solution for the problem that could fix the root cause depends on the particular incident and device.
It is possible to fix Discord audio cutting out by repairing some issues with system updates, drivers, files, and settings. So you may benefit from DriverFix since it can automatically help with outdated pieces of drivers. You can also go for ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 and repair any issues with OS files or alterations in system functions. Once those general issues get fixed, you can go for the methods below and try a few of them since the combination of them is more likely to fix the problem once and for all than only one of them.
Update audio drivers
- Press Win and X keys to find Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Find the system audio driver and right-click on it.
- Once the menu opens choose to Update driver.
- Search automatically for updated audio driver software.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Restart the Discord
- Click on the Discord icon in the taskbar and choose to quit Discord.
- Restart the PC.
- You can also locate the Discord processes in Task Manager and end them to disable all the activity.
Modify region settings to fix Discord audio cutting out
- Open Discord by right-clicking it.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- Choose the arrow to locate Server settings.
- Inside there, find the Server Region tab and choose Change.
- Try different options to find the one that works.
Switch off Echo cancellation
- Find Echo cancellation in Discord Voice & Video settings.
- You can toggle the button to turn off.
Configure audio settings on the machine to fix Discord audio cutting out
- Go to Search and find Microfone privacy settings.
- Make sure to turn on Apps to access your microphone settings and Allow desktop apps to access your microphone settings options.
Reinstall Discord entirely
- Go to Control Panel and find Discord.
- Uninstall the app by right-clicking and choosing Uninstall.
- Restart the PC and go to the official Discord website to download the program again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.