Issue: How to fix ERR_CACHE_MISS error?
Hi, guys. When I‘m browsing the net, some of the websites I try visiting return an error ERR_CACHE_MISS. It does not tell much about the problem, so I don’t know what I can do to fix it.
ERR_CACHE_MISS is a browser-specific error, which occurs due to the faulty settings and configurations, browser’s cache, inappropriate extensions, and similar problems. It says “Confirm Form Resubmission,” which means that the website that the user opts for visiting requires a repeated data submission.
In most of the cases, the ERR_CACHE_MISS error disappears after restarting the browser or updating it to the latest version available. If, however, that did not help in your case, you may need to perform a couple of tricks, including removing browser’s cache, history, resetting its default settings or resetting network settings. You’ll be able to find the instructions on how to perform each ERR_CACHE_MISS error fix down below.
If, after all, you are not able to fix ERR_CACHE_MISS error, try running Internet Connections Troubleshooter (Open Settings -> Update and Security -> Troubleshooting) and check if the system detects any issues. If nothing helps, the problem may be originating from the website’s server end. In this case, the website’s administrator is the only person available to fix the problem, so you’ll have to wait for the fix.
More often than not, the ERR_CACHE_MISS error is triggered by faulty web browser’s settings or configurations. However, cyber criminals keep inventing various strategies to trick people and turn their PCs unusable. Therefore, the emergence of any error, be it system or browser related, should be immediately followed by a full system scan with a professional anti-malware. We would strongly recommend using Reimage, but you can use any other reliable tool.
If a scan solved nothing, please refer to the following fixes. Since people come across ERR_CACHE_MISS pop-up on Google Chrome most frequently, all the fixes will be provided in references to it.
Method 1. Clear Browsing Data
If you haven’t cleared browsing data for ages, some of the files on it may be corrupt. The only way to check that is to clear browsing data completely. If you don’t want to lose saved passwords and other personalized data, select Basic data clearing option:
- Open Google Chrome and click on More icon (three vertical dots at the top-right corner of the window).
- Select Settings and scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- Now find the Clear browsing data option and click on it.
- You should see a box where three options are marked by default – Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files. Do not unmark any of them because such data needs to be cleared.
- Once done, restart Google Chrome and check if the error persists.
Method 2. Disable suspicious web browser’s extensions
If the ERR_CACHE_MISS error started soon after the installation of a free app, chances are that you’ve installed a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and allowed installation of third-party browser extensions. The latter may cause various browser’s problems, including err cache miss bug.
- Open Google Chrome and type chrome://extensions in the address bar.
- Alternatively, you can click on More button (three vertical dots), click on More tools option, and select Extensions.
- Carefully check the list of enabled extensions and disable the ones that you are not familiar with.
- For this purpose, unmark the box next to Enabled or click on the trash can icon to remove the extension completely.
- Restart the browser.
Method 3. Reset Google Chrome
IMPORTANT: by resetting your web browser, you’ll lose all saved configurations, bookmarks, saved passwords, autofill forms, and similar information. Therefore, save everything that is needed and only then perform these steps:
- Open Google Chrome, enter chrome://settings in the address bar, and press Enter.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced.
- At the very bottom of the window you’ll find a Reset button.
- Click on it and then click Reset again to confirm.
Method 4. Turn off cache system
Note that this solution will work only when in Developer Mode. Once you quit it, the cache system will be automatically enabled. Thus, once you disable it, check if the error disappears.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I and press F1 to open Settings in Developer Mode.
- Locate Network option and mark the Disable cache (while DevTools is open) check box.
- Now refresh the website that returns the ERR_CACHE_MISS error.
Method 5. Reset Network Settings
If none of the previous fixes helped to fix the problem, try resetting network settings. That’s the last method applicable for this problem, so if it won’t work either, we would recommend contacting website’s administrator and inform him about the problem.
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following commands in the Command Prompt window and press Enter after each:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.